The Art of Revelry Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hardheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connartillery View Post
It's usually handled by giving the cash value of the prize split between the winners.
That sounds alright. I couldn't find any reference to this in the official rules, though.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Is there a limit of entries per participant?

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

01-16-2012
2 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aexalven View Post
Why so High Rewards? For music competition they were more, much more worse.
Our contests are growing! All this year we're working to give great prizes befitting of the amazing talent we have in our community. An art contest is just the beginning, we'll have a whole variety of contests available in upcoming months! (I know because we're putting some together as we speak)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemejef View Post
This contest looks fun but the residents of Quebec are still no eligible, can riot do something about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tax Rate View Post
why argentina, chile and mexico are the only latin american countries to be eligible?
I wish we could. If a country, region or province is not included on the official rules, it means there are laws or tax reasons why we cannot easily run the contest in those areas. It's heartbreaking that we have to exclude them, but you can always create LoL art and submit it to the Summoner Showcase for some visibility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaul Knofker View Post
Riot needs writing contests. Hey, maybe the fans could write the lore!
This has been discussed a bit, but they're very hard to judge, especially with how many LoL players there are worldwide and how many languages we would have to judge individually! I'm investigating making a simple, writing-centric contest in the future to see if we can get some awesome writers active! Though why wait for a contest? We have a fanfiction section of the forum just for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenPsyco View Post
Is photography (with some heavy photo manipulation) included in the applicable art as long as the artist took the photo and did the manipulation themselves?
This contest is meant to be more focused on painting and drawing. If you're great at photography, sculpting or other things, send in some art to the Summoner Showcase! Though having a photo contest could be REALLY fun! I think you just gave me an ideaaaa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireBalloon View Post
What is the maximum size of the submission? Any limits on dimensions or anything like that?

What are the max amount of submissions?
There's no max size, but keep in mind it might be hard to send to us if the filesize is too large. You might wanna shrink it down to something hi-res but still manageable.
There is no maximum amount of submissions, but keep in mind that you can only win once! Our fan artists are incredibly talented, so you might wanna take your time on one incredible submission instead of many.

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

01-16-2012
3 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardheart View Post
What if a collaboration piece wins the grand prize? Will each collaborator get a laptop and 15k RP?

If a collaborate piece wins the grand prize, only one laptop will be awarded. Sorry, but we only have 2 sitting here next to me! And we only have 2 grand prizes, so if you win with a partner, you will only receive one laptop to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girr View Post
Can the item be the Innervating Locket?
Heehee, yes. I miss my locket just as much as you do.

Gentoon

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
If a collaborate piece wins the grand prize, only one laptop will be awarded. Sorry, but we only have 2 sitting here next to me!

Heehee, yes. I miss my locket just as much as you do.
did you like my drawing

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

01-16-2012
4 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoon View Post
did you like my drawing
It warmed my heart, like a firework that sets a house on fire.

Sword Maker

01-16-2012

I don't care about this, where are the patch notes?

Yay4Anime

01-16-2012

Awesome, An art contest!
With amazing prizes!
Better get my art in there.

Oh wait, I'm terrible at art/music.

*never going to win any contest LoL related*

Kylescorpion

01-16-2012

Why all the "drawing"/"art" contests... I cant draw worth **** so I will never have a chance at winning ;( lol

chsyolo420

01-16-2012

Really,thats great, but cant their be contests for people who are not artistically talented? Ifor one,enjoy writing. were there a LoL poetry or fanfic contest,I think I'd have a fair shot.