The Art of Revelry Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fallofboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

i am from colombia, why the rules dont say my country? :S

AntiSkillshot

01-16-2012

I've seen an Ahri picture on Deviantart that looks like a Lunar Revel theme to it, but I didn't make it so I won't be stupid enough to submet it as my own.

For those who are wondering what it looks like.http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=Leag...et=48#/d4kngoi

Karosu

01-16-2012

Sniff...Quebec excluded like always

SHREK lS LlFE

01-16-2012

Are there size requirements?

Teok

01-16-2012

WTF why yeah i wanna know why panama is not include we have all type of trounament tryign to go to your convention and all stuff and we never are allow to participate of this type of events -.-.-

DokeyDoken

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

What exactly is meant by "one item from the in game shop"

Auristil

01-16-2012

Some of you guys really need to chill and stop bashing on them for running an art contest; It's a good thing to support the arts. It brings the community together, and everyone benefits from getting to see some of the great ideas their peers come up with.

I will agree that it it kind of sucky that they can't run the contest in more regions, but to the people that are complaining that it's an art contest and it's "unfair" to those without artistic talent? Please stop sounding so entitled to this laptop or whatever. You wouldn't be getting it if they didn't run the art contest, and you won't be winning it if you don't enter the art contest. So it's not like you're losing anything.

Also, someone said that the reward should be a tablet or something instead of a gaming laptop? Sure, a tablet is a nice prize. But keep in mind this is a contest for a video game, which means that it's a fair assumption that everyone entering is interested in playing games, and will be able to make use of a gaming laptop. Many of the entrants will also already own a tablet, and they are very expensive. Someone dedicated in their art is likely to spend more money on tablets and art supplies than a gaming computer. I don't think a lot of you realize how expensive art supplies, tablets, software, schooling, etc. actually is. A laptop is a fine prize for anyone entering a contest based on a video game, regardless of what talent is showcased.

They said they are going to try to run a variety of contests, so get good at whatever you're really good at. But please, don't discourage gaming communities from rewarding dedicated, talented artists because you jelly.

WoLF42

01-16-2012

Art Spotlight... GIVE ME YE POWERS!

MrTryHard Bro

01-16-2012

No. Every contest shall be fair. Or at least don't make 12/13 of a country participating, leaving the 13th part alone!

I would have tolerated a whole country, I wouldn't have complained, but a **** 13th of a country? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auristil View Post
Some of you guys really need to chill and stop bashing on them for running an art contest; It's a good thing to support the arts. It brings the community together, and everyone benefits from getting to see some of the great ideas their peers come up with.

I will agree that it it kind of sucky that they can't run the contest in more regions, but to the people that are complaining that it's an art contest and it's "unfair" to those without artistic talent? Please stop sounding so entitled to this laptop or whatever. You wouldn't be getting it if they didn't run the art contest, and you won't be winning it if you don't enter the art contest. So it's not like you're losing anything.

Also, someone said that the reward should be a tablet or something instead of a gaming laptop? Sure, a tablet is a nice prize. But keep in mind this is a contest for a video game, which means that it's a fair assumption that everyone entering is interested in playing games, and will be able to make use of a gaming laptop. Many of the entrants will also already own a tablet, and they are very expensive. Someone dedicated in their art is likely to spend more money on tablets and art supplies than a gaming computer. I don't think a lot of you realize how expensive art supplies, tablets, software, schooling, etc. actually is. A laptop is a fine prize for anyone entering a contest based on a video game, regardless of what talent is showcased.

They said they are going to try to run a variety of contests, so get good at whatever you're really good at. But please, don't discourage gaming communities from rewarding dedicated, talented artists because you jelly.

saske 04

01-16-2012

thumbs up if you realy want to join but you are too lazy to fill in the forms
(i actualy have a realy cool drawing of dragon blade talon but too lazy to submit it btw he is my main thank you riot for the awesome skin)