Sona...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osensei

01-16-2012

Played game after game with sona on opposing team.. i think 4 or 5 games in a row.

Sona's supportive nature + dealing decent damage(early on atleast) = SAD first battle for mindmill

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

4 out of the 5 times I've seen Sona on Dom she's carried her team. I've been bot most of those games so I didn't really see how, but she had these vicious final scores like 16/4/12 with several caps.

Imfrknbad

01-16-2012

Might have been me. I was playing her a lot since the guqin skin came out. Typically with my friend who plays nonstop Leona.

Imfrknbad

01-16-2012

Oh anyway a good way to do it is Trinity force and ad itemss. All the stats help you nicely. You powerchord for valor and the sheen price super high damage.

Bonabon

01-16-2012

I haven't tried this newfangled AD Sona I keep hearing about, but yeah she's surprisingly bursty early on with those Valors/Power Chords/Sheens; especially with a decent team to stand behind. When she was free a while back I almost always started off games with a decent kill-streak or a lot of assists simply because people underestimate her potential damage. Watching a Tryndamere die to a Valor->Power Chord before he could ult was always a good feeling.

IMSOJUICY

01-16-2012

i like to go trinity force + cheap tanky support items Sona (aegis, sweeper, etc). she does damage the enemy can't ignore, but she has enough support presence and tankiness to help her team in the middle of a fire fight. also like to get spirit visage to further reduce the CD of her ult.

maxusmaximus

01-16-2012

I play sona quite a lot and i love it when i come against an ad sona because they will never win against lich bane sona. Ad tapers off way too early while lich bane sona can tear people up all game.

Nunkuruji

01-17-2012

There's a few situations where she can shine

1. Matching up with champions who can heavily exploit her Q aura for both the AP and AD - that is champions like Morde, Kat, Ezreal, Jax, etc.

2. Later in the game, her E aura moves her team across the map very very quickly

3. The DFG, Q, Passive, Lichbane, Ult burst combo is... ok, but it means she relies heavily on those CDs to be up to have a real chance at killing anyone.

4. AD is too vulnerable due to the range required to sustain damage against anyone, and has pretty much the worst base hp, armor and magic resist, which brings me to...

Where she gets crushed

1. Ever popular Kassadin will bend her over from behind her team. Similarly Talon, and probably any other competent assassin.

2. She can't defend a minion wave push at a tower. She is absofreaking terrible at clearing minion waves.

MVpmack

01-17-2012

Aria of Perseverence also gives a lot of defense for a few seconds on its heal target.

Sona is great at zoning and poking and her ult is ridiculously good in teamfights. She also lets her team cross the map faster. She is absolutely horrible without teammates, she can't push minions (unless built hard AD), and she is easy to dive and kill.

Personally, I build Sona a bit tanky (Aegis, Abyssal, Odyns, stuff like that); people like to dive her and providing a very long window where my team gets to DPS while Kassadin thinks he has a free kill is kinda nice.

MajorUrsa

01-17-2012

Could have been me. I've been maining sona for some time. I prefer her AP build. I like to start with boots and a tear. Since your survivability is so high she can go oom after long fights and since good kiting is essential its nice to know you'll have that mana when you need that Q and power cord.

From there I typically build Ionian boots, sheen, upgrade the tear, then either situational items. Also had success with early Max cdr and all AP. Max cdr is a good idea to pick up, 1 min ultimate can control team fights and lock down points as well as help you to long term kite while defending solo or easily win a 1v1

Definitely a fun, enjoyable champ that mixes up your typical dps / bruiser only Meta that's popular atm.