anyone got a good cait bot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brossef

01-16-2012

i have never tried it before, and im kinda timid to because i fell like if the other team ganks at all than they would easily kill you and take the point.

would you build her tanky dps? or critlyn and destroy 1v1.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-16-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

i build her like an ad carry, starting with p.blade and getting early boots2 and zeal for the movement speed.

farming bot gives you a ton of gold if you're last hitting well. personally i like to farm bot through midgame and then trade with someone top that has lower damage output--typically by that point in the game the minions drop off and almost anyone can insta-gib waves without much issue.

you're right to worry about ganks early on, but with traps+net+zeal you should be pretty wily and slippery. i'd at least take exhaust (and/or possibly garrison) to stave off tower diving attempts, but otherwise you should be good.

Basoosh

01-16-2012

I'd personally get at least a BF Sword worth of +AD before going into Zeal, but yea, Cait's an extremely capable bottom laner. Sanguine Blade and right clicking will give you oodles of sustain.

Asmonok

01-16-2012

Personally I go boots, prospectors, 2 hppots to start. From there Zeal>teir 2 boots>sanguine blade>phantom dancer from there I just go with what i need more armor pen, defence, more damage if im rolling, etc.

brossef

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
i build her like an ad carry, starting with p.blade and getting early boots2 and zeal for the movement speed.

farming bot gives you a ton of gold if you're last hitting well. personally i like to farm bot through midgame and then trade with someone top that has lower damage output--typically by that point in the game the minions drop off and almost anyone can insta-gib waves without much issue.

you're right to worry about ganks early on, but with traps+net+zeal you should be pretty wily and slippery. i'd at least take exhaust (and/or possibly garrison) to stave off tower diving attempts, but otherwise you should be good.
seeing as how your picture is caitlyn you must know what ur talking about. haha

im guna try and ad carry build but i might add in a phage somewhere i feel like it would help cait so much with her range.

Vangarde

01-16-2012

Go AD crit, get lifesteal early. You may need to sustain against some heavy harassers and pushers.

However, if you can straight-up be a bully to the matchup go crit/as.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-16-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
im guna try and ad carry build but i might add in a phage somewhere i feel like it would help cait so much with her range.
phage is nice, but the proc isn't useful unless you have the damage to make sticking on targets a threatening prospect. i suggest life steal earlier for sustain, phage later (once you can take on anyone) if you want to start kiting.

also, while i do have her as my avatar, i primarily play mages. there certainly way better caitlyns out there, so i'd still be open to advice.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Something to think about with Cait bot, is counterpicking if the enemy hasn't picked their bot yet. Kogmaw for example does really well against her since he outranges her with W up, doesn't have appreciably less push power since he has his ult + E, and does more damage with the Q and W steroid. Also, if you kill him, he has about 400 free damage to try to make it a 1 for 1 trade= you don't get bot.

BigDaddyDelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
This is a strategy that is really starting to crop up a lot more often I find. I play Kog'Maw quite a lot and I usually prefer bot for the first half of the match or so just because you are rolling in tons of gold. My favorite one to swap with is Heimer, because if you can land the Windmill his turrets make it insanely difficult to take back, but he can translate into an extremely good bottom later on when I have **** tons of items and am just ****ting on people with my massive item advantage and carry potential.

Sykuri

01-16-2012

I tend to prefer starting with boots, health crystal, and lifesteal scythe. Early Ionian Spark allows you to dominate bottom lane by clearing minions and easily pushing their champion back with the proc. It'll also help against Heim's rocket pokes and Yorick's minion pokes. It's pretty low damage in duels tho.

;[