Coming clean... -_-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Migupillermo

01-16-2012

So...

I'm one of those guys who looked at Dominion when it first came out...

Then kept doing Summoner's Rift.

But I've started doing a couple of games of Dominion and it's starting to be kind of interesting.

... And yet...

I've no idea what the general strategies are for it. -_-

All I do is kill people and capture what points I can...

Then I'll bump into people who know what they're doing, and they're all:

"im top"

"ill bot"

"i call mid"

Me: "cool"

I have no idea what middle is when it comes to a circle. -_-

So... pointers? Besides not feeding or being a noob.

SurvivorMatthew

01-16-2012

I like SR generally more than dominion

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

I hope this helps:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1544811

TL;DR Dominion has its own game mechanics, and it will take some time to get used to everything, but this guide is a decent starting point.

Also it's people like you who are keeping Dominion alive, thanks

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migupillermo View Post
"i call mid"
Mid refers to your middle point; the point above, and closest to, your spawn.

Stralucire

01-16-2012

The Guides and Strats sticky on the guides forum has a selection of something like.. six guides on dominion? I think six. Go have a looky over there, get the idea of it, come back with questions.

Asrrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Generally the first few minutes of the game go as follows:

A farming AP or ranged champ goes bottom, caps bottom point, and tries to push minions to cap for him while farming. Nasus, Heimer are really good examples of this.

Someone with a speed boost or someone who shouldn't be focused in a teamfight (like a squishy) caps the mid point closest to your base and then high tails it to the team fight at the top.

Everyone else rushes to the top and tries to cap the point/kill the other team. Once either team caps the point almost any strategy is viable. You can chase and kill roamers, backcap unguarded turrets, push top or bot, teamfight, etc. Once you have 3+ points, you want to defend said points unless you are just facerolling. Even the one next to your base. force them to come to you and waste time while nexus health ticks down.

If you find yourself defending a turret, hide in a nearby bush or FoW, and wait for the enemy to start capping. They will be channeling and will need to break away in order to engage you, giveing you a precious second of surprise. Also, if they hit you while under your tower, it helps you.

If you are attacking an enemy under his own turret, try and do it with a teammate, and have someone channel the capture while the other engages. A tower being capped won't attack anyone. also try and push minions waves to assist you.

Those are some simple basic strategies playing dominion, and have served me fairly well so far. If you want in depth guides, just look on mobafire or solomid.