5's team tips/Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StärScream

01-16-2012

Hey, I am currently making a 5's team and am wondering if anyone would like to share some pointers on general play, team comps, or anything positive for new players to Ranked 5's. i appreciate all your imput! thanx

FaerellG

01-16-2012

Start simple, meaning: use the standard strategy (tanky dps top, ap mid, support/ranged-ad bot, and jungle tank).

Once your team can play the standard metagame and understand it and its nuances (like counter picking lanes and when to lane switch and how to coordinate jungle ganks), you can start expanding on learning how to break the mold.

I also recommend playing normal Draft pick a few times to get used to the bans and drafting. This also lets you familiarize your team with 6 or so champs they usually want to see banned. This way they're less fighting over who gets banned.

Duhizy

01-16-2012

it helps to know wut role each will play because i know how it is with friends that are good at one role but then decide they want to try something like top lane riven and fed 11 kill loool. If ud like to win more often i suggest someone times the buffs and the team knows how to react to them. By playing champs that excel early game in lane so u can manage the dragon advantage and such it wont matter if they fall off late game when ur 2 dragons up and u havent fed their team. Having early game champs isnt always the answer but its a strategy and those win solo q. Try to get picks that counter ur opponent as well as synergies together ex. yorick to counter someone top? pick vayne or cass because they work well with his ult.

StärScream

01-17-2012

both comments are great! thats for the great replys!