Bump and Upvote if you are lagging even with a consistently low Ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowShrike

01-15-2012

Everyone is having lag issues lately Riot, where the game will constantly lag spike and your ping will still be a low around the 80s as if there is nothing wrong.
Other people in the same games are having the same issues.
There are other games where that's not as consistent, but it's only been happening recently Riot.
If the problem has not been noticed we are letting you know now and hope you can find out what the problem is and fix it so that we can get back to our ranked games.

Health bars will disappear, skills will not show and items bought will not update, you can autoattack and use skills but you will not see the animations and the Cooldown will not start. It's as if there is some kind of selective packet dropping going on here.

Blacknaks

01-15-2012

Been having these exact issues recently and I can't seem to figure out whats causing the problem. Been playing a little over a year and have never experienced problems like this until just a couple weeks ago.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I too am experiencing heavy lag spikes with a consistent ping. my usual pings ranges from 195-210 and doesn't really change that much, but recently i have been getting lag that is similar to 700-900 pings as well as my client being slow to load :|

Cirgwath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I am getting this as well, and have seen others complain of the same. Time for a server upgrade? Or possibly software troubleshooting?

swagergeed

01-15-2012

I've been having trouble since about 9:00pm last night Australian time, I have a low ping and whenever I am around champions or minions I seem to lag a lot.

My mates aren't lagging and they seem to be fine when they play, they say that I am just blaming deaths on lag... :|

I lost a rank game due to it, I was unhappy about it, I might submit a ticket or something, but serious, needs to be fixed I reckon. <3

Jezzicho

01-15-2012

East coast of Australia here, getting this too.

I've run a background bandwidth monitor, tried measuring incoming/outgoing packets, all of my results come back stating nothing out of the ordinary is going wrong on my end. No lost packets, ample bandwidth. The problem has been going on for a couple of days now and is isolated entirely to LoL. No issue with Dota/HoN or FPSs like BF3 or CSS.

Somewhat of a curious problem is that other Australians in game with me don't experience the problem when I do, but they've stated that they'll likewise get the issue when they're playing at different times (and it doesn't affect other users on the server).

OP described the problem quite accurately. The game does not update for several seconds, then all the game that was missed during the lag quickly updates in under a second.

As I said, this problem has only come up in the last few days, prior to this I've had a perfect connection.

ShadowShrike

01-16-2012

http://www.pingtest.net/result/54673468.png
well, bump. I'm getting packet loss over here, and my friend on a mac on the same network isn't.
It's probably not a League of Legends problem, but a Windows Update is causing packet loss problem.

ShadowShrike

01-16-2012

http://www.pingtest.net/result/54673468.png
well, bump. I'm getting packet loss over here, and my friend on a mac on the same network isn't.
It's probably not a League of Legends problem, but a Windows Update is causing packet loss problem.

Edit: Whatever is causing the problem, I don't know. But, when packets ARE lost, the game refuses to catch up to everyone else unless you discon and recon.