Yorick the uncounterable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
AP Amumu, Skarner, Kayle (Depends on build though), I also heard that apparently Sivir could hold on her own against him, but I can't confirm it for a fact.
I play Sivir quite a bit bottom and agreed - she doesn't have much of a problem with him. Early game, she can hold the tower against his pushing and sustain. Mid-game, when her own sustain comes on-line, she can turn the tides and likely win the lane.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

I dont understand Singed. Ive never had any trouble at all against him.

There is no reason for Yorick to get within melee range of Singed. He has W and E which he can spam and crank out tons of ghouls. This will wear Singed down very quickly. Why would you want to get in range of Singed, get tossed into poison for? Just to use a Q? That seems really dumb.

In theory singed can poison creeps, but early on his poison just doesn't do all that much damage, and he doesn't have the sustain to eat W,E after W,E... he eventually has to retreat and heal.

brossef

01-16-2012

question for sauron, how is a cait/graves bot? wouldyou build dps or tanky, i feel like if they gank at all it would be to easy to kill a cait 1v2.

Sauron

01-16-2012

Caitlyn is actually a pretty strong bot laner, as long as she uses her autoattack range to the fullest. Traps prevent the enemy laner from going into the bushes at all, and the net basically shuts down any attempt to get into melee range with her. With exhaust/flash, she isn't very easy to take down in a gank as long as she's close enough to the turret.

Graves requires landing of several Q's when harassing in order to zone out the enemy champion afterwards when pushing, and his smoke bomb is also tricky to use. He's pretty decent, but he has a big problem with ganks.

You build straight dps on both of them: if you need more defensive power, buy more lifesteal. If you anticipate CC in a fight, don't blow your net/draw/flash until it gets used on you.

MVpmack

01-17-2012

Cassiopeia is a serious counterpick.

Soraka can win.

Nasus seems strong. I've never personally lost the matchup vs. Nasus, but I attribute it to bad Nasus players and not to an easy matchup.

Skarner is also extremely hard. With the nerf to Q, it might be possible early game to outsustain him if you control the health kit. Mid-late game he will just wreck you.

Heimerdinger is a fairly even fight until lategame; Yorick cannot actually take Heimer's turret, though.

ProSauce VT

01-17-2012

Like what has been already been mentioned Nasus, Skarner, Talon, Allistar, Irelia, Cassiopeia, Soraka, Sivir, Karthus and Vladamir can do well against him bot. Some of this is assuming you alter your typical build of course.

I've also seen an Ash, Caitlyn, and Olaf hold there own against him but the occurrences of such are rare or related to the player behind them.

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

My buddy plays Nunu against him and just eats all the ghouls. That seems to work pretty well.

mainomai

01-17-2012

fizz

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Headless VII View Post
My buddy plays Nunu against him and just eats all the ghouls. That seems to work pretty well.
Is your buddy Pac Man? "I just eat his ghouls; it's always worked for me!"

Xanthic

01-17-2012

Skarner counters him hard. Maokai forces a stalemate. Other than those two, I've never had any real problem vs any other champ.