Yorick the uncounterable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyMind View Post
Last I heard Skarner was very tough for Yorick to deal with.
This too.

Cortexedge

01-15-2012

try jarvan just hold till 6 e,q then r and u drop him to nothing, i do it all the time

MrS8N

01-16-2012

Amumu. You aint getting away and he's not going to fold up.

And Cass, she only needs 2 or 3 pokes early and you are retreating.

CaptainSoda

01-16-2012

AP Amumu, Skarner, Kayle (Depends on build though), I also heard that apparently Sivir could hold on her own against him, but I can't confirm it for a fact.

Conncept

01-16-2012

Heimy counters him

Stay near your turrets so they heal between ghoul spams, they'll take care of the ghouls, then rocket+nade spam the shovel-toting hunchback hiding behind them.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

I dont belive there is a true hard counter to Yorick. However, several champs can do decently and possibly have a bit of advantage over him.

Cass is strong since she can poison at extreme range, push pretty well, and spam her serpent tooth if she does hit you. Yoricks sustain cannot keep up with that. She can keep Yorick at a distance for the most part, zone out him meleeing the creeps and her Ult, poison zone and spam can ensure that even if Yorick closes to melee, he will take massive damage.

Heimer is not really a counter. Good vs most, but Yorick has the advantage over heimer, even if its slight. Heimers long CDs ensure that if Yorick can W,E and approach in melee that he can beat down Heimer fairly hard. So it is a contest of skill.

Kayle was problematic against my Yorick, esp before gunblade nerf. Her big nuke/slow, with enhanced autoattacks hurt really bad and her heal/speedboost would help keep her from eating ghoul damage and keep me from closing to melee where I could use my Q and Ult to good effect.

Even a bad Talon was surprisingly difficult. His dagger throw slows, pushes creeps, and has better range than W,E. Plus he can flash on top of you with silence and his Ult is better than Yoricks Ult for 1v1.

Basically you need a champ that can PUSH pretty well...plus has decent RANGE and is not as vulnerable to melee...i.e. a stun, escape, or heavy melee damage ability.

Denambren

01-16-2012

As has been stated by a few, there's no "counter" to Yorick. There's just some champs that don't get destroyed immediately, so those are the champs you can work with to buy time before someone helps you with a gank.

The only champ I've been able to stalemate with Yorick on is Singed, since Yorick needs to melee you to do his real damage and Singed will just fling him away or into tower. Singed's gas trail also kills off the ghosts faster when moving away from them, and Yorick has little to discourage Singed from moving in for general harassment once Singed starts using his ult frequently.

mojib

01-16-2012

Alistar. Spam Heal. I've seen it done against my friend who used Yorick and he was shocked that he was getting outpushed.

Shaxtenn

01-16-2012

I don't buy Amumu countering him. Yorick has immunity to skillshots like bandage and rocket grab, and bandage is a big chunk of AP Amumu's damage.

Nasus can farm up SS on ghouls.

A TF on your team turns ghouls into profit.

Cho'gath regens from last-hitting ghouls.

Cass ravages almost anyone in bot lane. Soraka and Heimer should be able to keep him from pushing, too.

Yorick has ungodly lifesteal, so if you're an autoattacker, Executioner's is worth considering for late-game engages.

Narog

01-16-2012

singed