The ban system in this game is *EXTREMELY* flawed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kercmerk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I can't believe how flawed the banning system in this game is, it is by far THEE worst system every implemented in a game in the past 10 years.

I am playing a custom match against BOTS (how is this NOT considered a private match?!), my game crashes, I log on and it says I've been banned. I have never ONCE left a game on my account, yet I received a ONE day and a THREE day ban because this game keeps crashing on me.

Not to mention my system is absolutely capable of running this game and games far more CPU/GPU-intensive than this.

WHY am I being banned from being disconnected from a MATCH against BOTS?

I am SO unbelievably frustrated at how flawed this system is.

How has NOTHING been done about this? It's a match against BOTS, my game crashes and I get banned. I LOVE it.

Anyone know of any other MOBA games that actually have a WORKING banning system?

Miapow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

It is because Riot is not concerned about how the player base feels about the product.

Riot will only change its ways when the player base stop PAYING for the product.

I have been reporting a bug with the ignore function for months with no response from Riot. I once was prepared to pay for a skin for my favorite champ, however, currently I am considering just leaving the game.

Riot does not care about you; and Riot doe snot care about me.

The only way to fix this disconnect is to have a boycott of purchasing RiotPoints. Hit them in the wallet and maybe then, they will learn to hear our calls for help.

y2khippy

01-15-2012

Ok lets actually get things sorted.

Custom Games are not linked to LeaverBuster.... BUT you are not playing Custom Games. Your last ten games are CO-OP Vs AI games and these are linked. You have atleast one visable leave with a Co-Op game. If you have been SUSPENDED (not banned) by LeaverBuster you have had AFK time also. LeaverBuster is not a bugged or flawed system and it is actually here by the communitys demand. You must understand that MOBA games cannot allow players to leave or AFK unlike most other games out there. The community does not tollorate leavers or AFK'ers and if you are experianceing issues with the client/connection/system then you MUST get these fixed before playing games that affect other people. This means playing Custom games with only AI to work shop the issues if need be and sending a Support Ticket or going through the Support FAQ's.

Edit after reading Cirgwath just below. Between my partner and I, we have only a single leave and this was when my Graphics Cards overheated. And a note about life intruding, if you have a new born only play when you can garrentee not to be taken away from the match (this means pretty much never)

Cirgwath

01-15-2012

Coop vs AI does not equal "custom." Custom is a completely different thing, and I also saw no custom matches on your log.

One leave does not a ban make. I have two leaves ever, one normal 5v5 and one Coop v AI, and have been neither banned, nor warned.

I'm with y2khippy on this. If it's a connection problem, get that sorted. If you've been AFK, get yourself sorted. Sometimes life intrudes on the game, and you have to leave for an emergency- that's fine. Play when life is less likely to intrude.