Why So Much Dominion Hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slimjimo10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

I personally love Dominion, quick fast-paced action. There IS strategy.
Different modes are for different players..

MMKH

01-17-2012

I don't understand how people can not accept a new game mode. Sure it's not Magma Chamber, but it's not bad either since the gameplay is different. SR is too boring and sometimes I rather play a map using familiar gameplay mechanics but in a new and refreshing experience. There is lots of potential to invest in making multiple new maps.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

I feel a big part of it is just that is just isn't very typical of the DoTA part of the MOBA genre. After all the MOBA genre is a very new genre that has a lot of room to grow and as the player base expands I feel that Dominion will probably grow with it because in all honesty, people that watch e-sports will eventually get tired of the 20 minute farm fest in SR and find the quick action in CS more appealing. I mean, why do you think SC2 is so big? The action ramps up fast!

Stutta Step

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawy View Post
People wanted Magma Chamber. They wanted the same game but in a different map with different strategies. They got a different game with the same elements that they were used to play with.

Totally different mindset, totally different game.
Obviously not all people or they would have released Magma Chamber. Maybe they realized that not everyone wants to spend the first 20 minutes farming and as OP said if someone messes up, you wait an hour or so to try again.. Dominion is fast paced and if paired with total trolls the pain is over quick.

Dominant Theory

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorick89 View Post
It's less strategic and challenging, more of a fun and quick paced event. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but look at it like this: SR is like an RTS game, Dominion is like a FPS game. Is one objectively better than the other? Nope. But people have preferences, and that's all this is.

That said, people bashing Dominion just because they like it less than the classic DotA style gameplay is silly.
YOUR KIDDING RIGHT? NO CHALLENGE AND NO STRATEGIC. YOU NEED A LOT OF BOTH TO WIN. I mean sheesh no strategic will be taking entire team amd rushing one spot.
No, you need to hold your towers AND be on offence to win

panDaLEET

01-17-2012

I personally do not hate Dominion at all, and I think it's way better fun and faster leveling when you play it. Started playing dom yestrday and now playing it all day long. It is really so much fun and it reminds me on arena games in World of Warcraft.

Kyu Ryu

01-18-2012

silverdragon97

01-19-2012

personally, i like playing dominion but only because of fast paced action but not strategy

SR's strategy is a lot deeper because there are a lot more stuffs to do like farming to carry your team, warding, laning (in laning phase the stratgical thing is you cant just atk when you like and risk getting ganked or recall),and there are a lot of elements to consider when you want to push or defend(like are they hiding in forest for ambush,are they killing baron, do you risk loing tower,...).

and in dom?the main thing is just you defend points, buy time for your mates arrive,focus atk objective points and spread out bd capture enemies when they r too focused somewhere and you don't have to think too much when deciding to capture or defend because there are speed buffs and points have short range between each other so you can reinforce points pretty fast.

lbgsloan

01-19-2012

I love the SR players who try to tell themselves Dominion was a waste of resources and Magma Chamber would have been welcomed with open arms. No, people hate change and anything that is not business as usual will never be accepted as anything but a waste of time. Instead of Dominion sucks threads, you'd just see Magma Chamber sucks threads. I mean look at the kicking and screaming that went on went they changed the top supports. "Ruined Forever! Riot killing their game!!!1" What's that, the top supports still see play every game? Nidalee is still nonsense solotop? Sigh.

Unfortunately, Riot listens to the masses. TT could be salvaged if they overhauled the map and added soloq ranked, but the masses hate it so it is doomed to be broken forever. I am convinced at this point the main thing holding back Dominion ranked is that Riot thinks the masses hate it, and so don't want to spend time and resources supporting it any further. Of course by not supporting it they are just proving the masses right, which leads to even less chance of the community ever embracing it.