Why So Much Dominion Hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dovian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavium View Post
So what it seems to be is:

Community: "WE WANT SOMETHING INNOVATIVE AND DIFFERENT!"

Riot: "Hmm... why release Magma Chamber? I mean it's practically the same. Let's create a new game mode!"

Community: "WE WANT MORE OF THE SAME!"

Now while dominion may not be as good as SR it's not garbage. I personally use it to test out new champions since bots blow.
Actually the community wanted MC, then Riot said "Nah they want something completely different, not just Magma Chamber."

And they were wrong overall, I don't think dominion is a failure, but I certainly never have a real desire to play it.

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

Play about 20-30 games of Dominion. 95% chance that you'll want to keep coming back

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

It's so easy to pick out the people that haven't played more than 15-ish games of Dominion.

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorick89 View Post
It's less strategic and challenging
I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

NoxiousIce

01-16-2012

Because dominion was created almost solely for the purpose of encouraging e-sports. Summoner's rift isn't very fun to watch, and once you start watching a team's habits you can tell who is going to win. Summoner's rift requires a lot of micro strategy that non-league players wont understand. Dominion is faster pace, and can change sides at any time. It rewards the latest action preformed, instead of many small good actions over the period of a game. Essentially, a noob team could beat a pro team at Dominion, its possible simply because the game is based more off of luck, and less off of good teamwork and strategy.

Dominion works well for e-sports because its easy to understand what's going on, and the drama and tension between two teams build naturally for a viewer.

TLDR: Dominion wasn't created for us to play, it was created for e-sports fans to watch.

Ascleph

01-16-2012

OP wants to ask people that dont play dominion why they are retarded
Mod decides to move it to the dominion forums
lolwut

traxex98

01-16-2012

Because they all play with OP champions

Nerdeling

01-17-2012

Based on my expirience, people tell me that the blue team always looses by 100 or 200 hp left on purples health of nexus, i always want to try playing dominion but no one wants to, SO, if any of you gusy that posted here, and you like dominin games please add me Nerdeling, and invite me for dominin games, Thanks.

Teetengee

01-17-2012

Classic usually takes me an hour. Dom usually takes me 18 min or so but I also have had 6 to 10 minute games quite often. So I can finish 3-4 dom games in the time it takes me to finish 1 classic. More IP, Less problematic afks, as it only affects one game.

Teetengee

01-17-2012

Also, they got rid of the capture enhancing drug known as PB.