Why So Much Dominion Hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUlf

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToTarget View Post
Because compared to MC. Dominion blows. If it was just dominion that was leaked then we wouldn't have an issue.
Oh man, when did you get to play Magma Chamber!? Super jealous of your luck and/or ability to project your consciousness into the Riot internal testing sessions that determined Magma Chamber was not worth pursuing as much as The Crystal Scar.

Trollery aside, bump and +1 for you, OP.

Dangerkid

Recruiter

01-16-2012

True it's a different way of playing that most of us are used! but it sure is useful for a game b4 going to work like comeon its fast

Conncept

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnsaladaDeFrutas View Post
lack of inteligence.. just fast fighting
Funny, that's almost what I say about SR since dominion came out.

Lack of intelligence... follow meta.

GiGaX

01-16-2012

coz rammus and singed full speed hp tanks running around nonstop taking every tower wins every game, if you dont believeme just call a friend and tryit disrupt every strategy or attemp to do something
you pick res and ghost nobody can follow your game
and to makeit worse you can build some items whit capture speed, dont even need to fight just run around taking tower

Lacking

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGaX View Post
coz rammus and singed full speed hp tanks running around nonstop taking every tower wins every game, if you dont believeme just call a friend and tryit disrupt every strategy or attemp to do something
you pick res and ghost nobody can follow your game
and to makeit worse you can build some items whit capture speed, dont even need to fight just run around taking tower
What item would that be?

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esarius View Post

Also, it's completely unbalanced. The zerg rush aspect of it isn't bad, but it's the sheer fact that you lose if you don't have Rammus. Again, I can deal with just mindlessly running around and playing Take and Hold, but losing all because the enemy team has a Tryn, Rammus, Jax, and wins at the last 3 minutes of the game is pretty lame.
You obviously havent played enough if this is how you think Dominion is. Low Elo and first time, yes. But just like in SR (backdoor yi anyone) these initial tactics suck hard once you know how to counter.

Dovian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

No one asked for it, and it doesn't hold my attention even when I force myself to play it more than once.

MrBoomstickESQ

01-16-2012

So what it seems to be is:

Community: "WE WANT SOMETHING INNOVATIVE AND DIFFERENT!"

Riot: "Hmm... why release Magma Chamber? I mean it's practically the same. Let's create a new game mode!"

Community: "WE WANT MORE OF THE SAME!"

Now while dominion may not be as good as SR it's not garbage. I personally use it to test out new champions since bots blow.

BinaryUnicycle

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esarius View Post
20 minutes for Dominion
30 minutes for SR

You can't take an extra 10 minutes out of your busy day?
Actually, not all games in Dominion are 20 min. Some are 10 or 15. I had a 6 min game once. SR is always going to be at least 30 min.

It does take strategy to try and hold enough towers. It even takes strategy to kill off the OP champs. Just like in SR theres ways to get around champs that are dominating. Ive played games in Dom where we were about to win and we were a few hundred points up and the other team fought back and won.

I love Dom because its not over until one of those nexus are at 0.

Nekrogen

01-16-2012

Another GD thread. Good one though.