Why So Much Dominion Hate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anshin

01-15-2012

Because community loves to complain?

Ruincrear

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esarius View Post
Also, it's completely unbalanced.
God ****, bro. You ever hear about the word fun? I'm guessing you're the type to think of SSBB as a serious tourny game.

Kaicha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

When you have a leaver you have literaly 0 chances to win, whereas in SR you have a slight chance

Not LiteKerosene

01-15-2012

Its unbalanced

Maxog

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawy View Post
People wanted Magma Chamber. They wanted the same game but in a different map with different strategies. They got a different game with the same elements that they were used to play with.

Totally different mindset, totally different game.
Basically this. Upvoted.

Malice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonomonMan View Post
wait fast fight call for a higher intelligence and reflexes cause you have to know how and when to counter and beat every champion

Still really want magma chamber
There's much less thinking. everything is more on the fly. Whereas in SR a death in drastic and really is game changing. Think about it, early game a kill usually turns into free dragon, thats 950 gold advantage + 300/assists. That is HUGE. Later in the game you are penalized by a ridiculous spawn timer and usually a free baron given up by 1-2 deaths. which is pretty much GG.

Dominion has room for mistakes. in SR, mistakes are more likely to close out the game.

Edit: just to note, I haven't seen a single Dominion match where it wasn't 10 players suiciding into each other for 15-20 minutes.

Schomberg

01-15-2012

I dont play dominion but I do feel that riot did a great job on the map for players who just want to have fun and excitement in a quick game. The only reason I dont play it as stated up above is because there is no ranked system to go along with it and I dont really see a future for a competitive system for dominion. I personally play this game to win and try to be the best that I can be with having fun still. Dominion to me is not offering a goal to strive for like in SR in ranked with the elo system but still a very fun map overall.

wizdro

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorick89 View Post
It's less strategic and challenging, more of a fun and quick paced event.
This.

Dominion is good. The Arathi-Basin style arena works very well with the LoL engine. I give them credit.

Most of the playerbase didn't want Arathi-Basin, though. We wanted map newer than what some have been playing since 2003 but that preserved the integrity of the "strategic and challenging" gameplay.

Esarius

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruincrear View Post
God ****, bro. You ever hear about the word fun? I'm guessing you're the type to think of SSBB as a serious tourny game.
Didn't know getting your ass kicked was fun. You a masochist?

Annapii

01-15-2012

o.o I like Dominion...