Manamune on Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CoilConductor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Do you guys think Dominion is too short for a manamune on Blitz even though it synergizes well with his passive?

Would it be better off to just get mana tank/hybrid items like Sheen->Trinity Force/Lich Bane, Frozen Heart, Odyn's Veil? And then go for pure damage/tank moar because of Dominion's fast mana regen?

Bunnle

01-15-2012

I've considered going straight trinity force on Blitz myself. I like being able to build the tear in the base with 3 abilities, whereas Ryze for example can not. But Blitzcrank doesn't spam his spells enough even to get it half filled by the end of the game, even with max cdr.

I'd rather invest in other mana items to boost his passive, like sheen and glacial shroud first.

Carados

01-15-2012

Honestly, you're better without it, just like in most games on Summoner's Rift.

NatzuX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

lol

Argotto

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Honestly, you're better without it, just like in most games on Summoner's Rift.
I don't play blitz much in Dominion, but your are mistaken about SR. IF you intend on actually being an asset to your team with tanky items, you absolutely need manamune and an early sheen to be able to do anything at all.

Manamune is pretty much the perfect item for blitz in that it amplifies his E as well as providing the mana bonuses; there is no reason not to get such a cheap item considering you should be rushing tear.

lbgsloan

01-15-2012

Blitz is one of the few champions in the game who genuinely wants a gigantic mana pool. Manamune, Frozen Heart, Sheen; pile on that mana while playing to his strengths as an AD tank/disruptor. You can spam his W and E once you get high CDR, so it's not hard to charge it.

Carados

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
I don't play blitz much in Dominion, but your are mistaken about SR. IF you intend on actually being an asset to your team with tanky items, you absolutely need manamune and an early sheen to be able to do anything at all.
Manamune is situational on Blitzcrank on Summoner's Rift. If you are stomping, it's the best pick, but your team is going to want that early Frozen Heart if not.

Unless you're calling Doublelift bad at LoL.

RealWolf M

01-15-2012

People are always so stupid.

Its not whether or not he can charge it, as a simple 35 casts makes its mana efficient which anyone can manage, any champion.

Its whether or not the damage is valuable. If you want that damage, and you get about 2k mana, you are now efficiently using manamunes passive. Even if manamune was NOT charged at all, it would still be THE best purchase damage wise for gold.

Kalarepa

01-15-2012

Personally, I never get manamune on Blitz. I like to play him as a tank with maxed CDR and TF as the only dmg item.

EMeta

01-15-2012

The opportunity cost is too high on Dominion. You need to be soing somethign else with that first 100g instead of just getting mana. You can get frozen or Odyn's for mana if you want it, but manamune is just going to set you back. On dominion you can't afford to not be dealing damage or you'll lose all your 3v3s.