A Blade Reforged (A Riven story)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

02-01-2012

I figured I'm overdue for an update to my writing. To be perfectly frank, I have done close to nothing. You may blame Soul Calibur 5 for this. I am sleep deprived from playing it, I really need to put it down. I'll try to do some planning this weekend for both Riven and the next short story

Jimmy Noir

02-01-2012

My FAVORITE champ is Udyr and you do him so much honor
PLEASE make the fight between Udyr and Riven as epic as I know it will be!!!

P.S. This is the first time I've ever wanted to draw art for a fanfic...

Grand Viper

02-02-2012

@Jimmy Noir

I am flattered by your words, and I would be extremely flattered to see such a thing happen. That or I become an egotistical maniacal overlord attempting to rule over the universe.

I honestly think the former is most applicable in this scenario though

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
@Jimmy Noir

I am flattered by your words, and I would be extremely flattered to see such a thing happen. That or I become an egotistical maniacal overlord attempting to rule over the universe.

I honestly think the former is most applicable in this scenario though
Why you so Boss GV <.<

anyways, I wonder how longer doe sit usually take to to get a chapter done ?

Grand Viper

02-02-2012

I'm still browsin' the forums while I wait for a round in Soul Calibur. For the full explanation see my little side story center. Essentially the main reason this next chapter is taking so long is because there's a lot of planning I need to do for it and making sure it coincides with my previous chapters. And also Soul Calibur. I like that game too much.

This down here is a full explanation as to how I write my stuff and why I can do some chapters so quickly and others...not.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1752605&page=2

Also for Jimmy Noir, there's another Udyr story in that link there for ya. And another comin' up hopefully soonish! (You are gonna have to go back a page to start at the beginning though)

Cerubois

02-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Viper View Post
Essentially the main reason this next chapter is taking so long is because there's a lot of planning I need to do for it and making sure it coincides with my previous chapters. And also Soul Calibur. I like that game too much.
Take your time. I don't want to look like I'm slacking in comparison.

(I am. >.>)

Elsaliss

02-02-2012

Lol I think I just realized that I read your first chapter a really long time ago! Also, are you aware of what a semi-colon is? Because you often link sentences together, but with commas, instead of semi-colons. Needless to say it bothers me soo much! >.< I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to spelling everything right and having the correct grammar and seeing a sentence like:

Quote:
It didnít matter to her, if she stayed in the Noxian quarters she would have to face one too many familiar faces.
When I find the time I'll look over your newer posts and give you my two cents on it and its grammar.

Grand Viper

02-02-2012

@Silent Warden

I'm highly offended! Someone correcting my grammar! Gasp!

I do realize I use them quite frequently. I think I get a bit better a few chapters in. As to why I use them so often? Truth be told, I have no flippin' idea why I do (I think I like how they look? Seriously, I have no idea why I use them so often).

I will readily admit that my grammar isn't the cream of the crop, but it's hard for me to see such errors because it is my own work. When I have the time, I will go back to each chapter and re-edit grammar (and any spelling errors I may have missed)

Also, I must say this: Thank you for your honesty. I look forward to any further corrections you have in store for me. It will in turn help my story and improve my writing skills.

With that being said, I sincerely hope my grammar doesn't dissuade you from the rest of the story or the messages I am trying to convey.

And I am aware I made a really long post in regards to yours, but it has been quite some time since someone posted a critique on my work. If it was a critique such as, "needs more boobies," then I admit I would be a bit skeptical about legitimacy. You have a valid critique and I will address it as such.

One more thing, and this little bit is for everyone and anyone on the board: You are allowed to dislike my story and can even state so. I would not and will not take any offence. Different strokes for different folks, y'know?

@Cerubois

We're both under pressure now. Whichever of us releases their chapter first means the other must catch up. Who will win this race? =p

***Small update. Jesus Christ I made a mistake, apparently my love of semi colons slowed down in chapter 2, and then in chapter 3 it starts back up. I know what I'm stayin' up for now.

Another update: Chapter 4 had 24 semicolons?! Whaaat?! At least people know what to get me for Christmas

UPDATED MY JOURNAL

I have done some writing for chapter 5! Huzzahs all about! I'm actually writing a big fight scene. Let's see how it goes!

Jimmy Noir

02-05-2012

So I actually drew some fan-art for this... I'm kinda pathetic :P
It's only the sketch. Imma fix the composition, add some color and finish it off with a background! Still, I hope you like it :3

Jaykoboy

02-05-2012

Ooh...Fanfic Fanart! Is that allowed...? Seems sorta OP... +1!