You can see your Dominion ELO by messaging a bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Totally random question here.... Does elo start at level 30, or does it take into account everything you did pre level 30?

FDru

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinzigerAI View Post
Totally random question here.... Does elo start at level 30, or does it take into account everything you did pre level 30?
Matchmaking always uses elo. Summoner level is completely unrelated.

Xanthic

01-16-2012

Well, I knew MM was acting a bit funky lately. After I saw some 'questionable' gameplay from some of my team mates, I decided to check their Elo after the match.
My team by highest to lowest:
2013 (me)

Their team:

We won, 5 points gained. Only way I can see that match making sense at all, is if they were 5 man premade and my other team mates were 4 man premade.

Therlun

01-16-2012

Unless it recently changed five-man teams are only matched against other five-man teams.
Four man premades can be matched against anything between five randoms to other four-mans though.

Xanthic

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therlun View Post
Unless it recently changed five-man teams are only matched against other five-man teams.
Four man premades can be matched against anything between five randoms to other four-mans though.
That isn't true. I've faced a 5man premade with randoms in the past 3 times in a row.

ViolentlyCar

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therlun View Post
The system will try to match only full premades versus full premades, but after some time in queue, it will expand the search to other groups.

someroastedbeef

01-16-2012

l0l i'm 6-10 and 1446 da fk

Xanthic

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by someroastedbeef View Post
l0l i'm 6-10 and 1446 da fk
You have an Elo boost the first matches and that decreases over time. So if you start at 1400, won the first 6 matches when your Elo gain was the highest, then lost the rest when Elo gained / lost got lowered. It would be at about that.

Taenaryn

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
Sauron lost 25~ elo from 1 loss. I doubt you could actually lose 200 elo from 3 games considering Sauron has the most to lose, but who knows lol
Checking my game history, I lost five times yesterday. Elo changes of -3, -5, -77, -81, -21. So no, not quite 200, but close enough for my purposes. And yet, if it's based off your w/l ratio, I have about 70 more wins than losses (something like 218/146 or something, weird lolstatistics will tell me my elo gain/loss but not my total number of wins/losses).

K J

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
Checking my game history, I lost five times yesterday. Elo changes of -3, -5, -77, -81, -21. So no, not quite 200, but close enough for my purposes. And yet, if it's based off your w/l ratio, I have about 70 more wins than losses (something like 218/146 or something, weird lolstatistics will tell me my elo gain/loss but not my total number of wins/losses).
Do you generally queue alone or with other players? if you queue with other players, what are their Elo's in relation to yours and how often do you win/lose. Do you tend to rage in chat or otherwise incite aggression from the other players enough for them to report you as an unskilled player?

Edit: also, did you win or lose the majority of your earliest matches?