You can see your Dominion ELO by messaging a bot

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IMSOJUICY

01-15-2012

Doesn't work for me, i think they killed jabebot.

oh never mind, works now!

[NA] IMSOJUICY (Now:Silver, S1:Silver), RankedSolo5x5: 1447 [11W/6L],
Dominion: 2007 [413W/348L], Normal: 878W/772L

FDru

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Again, I don't get this:

c4tuna's stats (just cause he posted and has stats close to mine): Dominion: 2010 [203W/187L] (52%)
Here are mine: Dominion: 1704 [174W/145L] (54.5%)
And the difference in ELO is quite significant, while Waterd103 and Nekro, despite a quite large gap in win rate, have barely any difference in their ELO.
Win rate doesn't mean anything. If you beat a team there isn't a set amount of elo you gain, it depends on the average elo of your team vs theirs.

Argodis

01-15-2012

Well this is interesting.

I still say matchmaking is retarded. Losing streaks too strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSOJUICY View Post
Doesn't work for me, i think they killed jabebot.
Says you're 2007.

GANGBANGARANG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
Again, I don't get this:

c4tuna's stats (just cause he posted and has stats close to mine): Dominion: 2010 [203W/187L] (52%)
Here are mine: Dominion: 1704 [174W/145L] (54.5%)
And the difference in ELO is quite significant, while Waterd103 and Nekro, despite a quite large gap in win rate, have barely any difference in their ELO.
I have suspicions that normal elo (and by extension the dominion elo which most likely uses the same system) has certain tweaks that ranked games do not have, but they're all under the radar since you can't actively check your normal elo and it isn't common knowledge that you can check your dominion one.

Possible "tweaks" include how it matches you up/rewards Elo for team/duo queues, putting you in higher elo pools (and therefore affecting your elo gain) for significant win streaks, even normalizing for typical elo shifts at different times of day. I doubt Riot wants to make most of it public, so we're going to have to speculate for the most part.

That said, probably half or more of these dominion wins on this account were pre-30 so there could also be different ways to calculate those numbers, or different pools for high-elo low level players. And if more "serious" players play draft than blind pick, having a higher draft elo would be more meaningful since the average skill level would be much higher (this is all speculation, but keep in mind that elo is based around a theoretical "average" at 1200 or thereabouts depending on inflation/deflation).

FDru

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
Possible "tweaks" include how it matches you up/rewards Elo for team/duo queues, putting you in higher elo pools (and therefore affecting your elo gain) for significant win streaks, even normalizing for typical elo shifts at different times of day. I doubt Riot wants to make most of it public, so we're going to have to speculate for the most part.
On the contrary Riot has posted exactly how their matchmaking works countless times, and there's a page on this site that explains the elo system as well. There's no mystery at all, just a bunch of nonsense rumors based on ignorance.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
On the contrary Riot has posted exactly how their matchmaking works countless times, and there's a page on this site that explains the elo system as well. There's no mystery at all, just a bunch of nonsense rumors based on ignorance.
I'm ok with that, but the explanation they gave also said it was a simplified explanation.

xGvPx

01-15-2012

Quote:
anyone have a linky? the search sucks

GANGBANGARANG

01-15-2012

Quote:
They've explained the Ranked Elo system a dozen times, there's nothing to hide there. The normal/dominion elo on the other hand is hidden and they've never explained, nor had any reason to, what is going on behind the scenes there.

Yes, being matched up against tougher teams means more Elo and vice versa. At the same time, it doesn't explain for a lot of very high discrepancies between win/loss and total Elo. As a stats enthusisast, it seems off to me though I can only speculate as to why.

lbgsloan

01-15-2012

Elo gains and losses are impacted by queuing with friends. The more people you have, the lower your gains and the higher you losses. Also, WL record doesn't show dodges which drop your elo. I have a friend who's played about 200 more games than I have, but his elo is only 50 higher because he dodges constantly. Meanwhile another friend who's never around for premades has 100 elo more than I do despite having near identical WL records.

Anyway, this is pretty cool. I really don't understand why this isn't shown to people, even if it was private.

Also, for the lulz hotshotgg's Dominion elo is 1951 with an 18-4 record. Figure that one out.

Nekrogen

01-15-2012

This is quite interesting. more accurate than the lolcave "you are 2500 elo, even though i can't calculate higher than that" calculator :P

12345612 ... 17