You can see your Dominion ELO by messaging a bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoX2525

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge View Post
Dodging is utterly foolish. Fighting hard games is how you get better! And you gain the greatest ELO. You are doing a disservice to yourself dodging difficult matches.

You fight stronger players which lets you push your limits develop better techniques to overcome the greater obstetrical.

You simply learn more and if you manage to improve yourself. And if you become better then your opponents and win? You are rewarded with fair better rewards then fighting those weaker then yourself.
Thats nice and all but, I assume my team and the other team are both equally competent (more often are equally incompetent) as I don't know who is on the other side. Then it comes to a point where your team has picked into counters, failed to mix damage sources, etc, that there would be little to learn and 30 minutes as opposed to 10 minutes would have been wasted. What you say sounds great however, I value my time to much to take a chance that I'll have some revelation about a new dom strat while being steam rolled or learn some thing new about a champion I have played in more games than I care to count.

I welcome the challenge of going against decent players. What I don't like is breaking my legs before trying to run a marathon... if that analogy makes any sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narog

Senior Member

01-16-2012

dominion elo system is so wrong am sure , probably cos work with the useless score system , so much people with more losses than wins have higher elo than me , how can a 32/34 guys have much more elo than me 100/70?
this is one of the reasons dominion is losing players just got matched with a 2v1 olaf removing the score system and changing the elo will help dominion alot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narog

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoX2525 View Post
Thats nice and all but, I assume my team and the other team are both equally competent (more often are equally incompetent) as I don't know who is on the other side. Then it comes to a point where your team has picked into counters, failed to mix damage sources, etc to the point that there would be little to learn and 30 minutes as opposed to 10 minutes would have been wasted. What you say sounds great however, I value my time to much to take a chance that I'll have some revelation about a new dom strat while being steam rolled or learn some thing new about a champion I have played in more games than I care to count.

I welcome the challenge of going against decent players. What I don't like is breaking my legs before trying to run a marathon... if that analogy makes any sense.
i dodge alot and now that i see the players elo i see that am usually right , getting matched with people with 4 games , with autolockers , with level 2 summoner , trolls .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

Senior Member

01-16-2012

1798! With like 80% of my games being blind pick solo que I'm quite happy. ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narog1 View Post
dominion elo system is so wrong am sure , probably cos work with the useless score system , so much people with more losses than wins have higher elo than me , how can a 32/34 guys have much more elo than me 100/70?
this is one of the reasons dominion is losing players just got matched with a 2v1 olaf removing the score system and changing the elo will help dominion alot
You're a clueless idiot. Dominion isn't losing players, it's gaining them. There's been more new faces showing up in high end play, not less. And score isn't related to elo in any way at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2012

whoops think I dropped my elo a bit by what I thought was messing around in blind pick. still at 1800 at least


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Also, WL record doesn't show dodges which drop your elo. I have a friend who's played about 200 more games than I have, but his elo is only 50 higher because he dodges constantly.
By dodge do you mean dodge queue or leaving a game once it started?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danjuro V

Senior Member

01-16-2012

Can someone check mine? I can't play where I'm at right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiranui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-16-2012

[NA] Danjuro V (Now:Unranked, S1:Unranked), RankedSolo5x5: <1200 [0W/0L], Dominion: 1400 [190W/193L], Normal: 255W/251L


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basoosh

Senior Member

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLarge Huge View Post
Dodging is utterly foolish. Fighting hard games is how you get better! And you gain the greatest ELO. You are doing a disservice to yourself dodging difficult matches.

You fight stronger players which lets you push your limits develop better techniques to overcome the greater obstacle.

You simply learn more and if you manage to improve yourself. And if you become better then your opponents and win? You're rewarded with far better rewards then fighting those weaker then yourself.
I understand, and actually agree with you. I don't think I've ever dodged a Dominion game on purpose prior to this. I did it for the sole purpose of confirming whether or not it affects Elo.