Manamune on Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GANGBANGARANG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

You will never charge your tear on dominion with Blitz. There are very few champions that you want a tear on, and Blitz, who was okay (but not great) with it on SR can easily skip it.

FH/Odyns for defense, Triforce first if you want that offense.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Once more, idiots post that you can't get tear fully charged... so what

If you have over 2k mana, your manamune is giving you the best gold/cost any item can. With it as your ONLY damage item and then frozen heart + odyns, you are still getting incredibly good value for money, even uncharged.

Please go learn about items before you make posts saying that manamune is bad

ProSauce VT

01-15-2012

Its funny because since a manamune charges on both auto-attacks and ability use on two seperate CDs it is easily possible to get 1000 mana from it. I have done so at the 15:30 mark at top.

The 2% of mana to ad is the same as 20 ad per 1000 mana. With that being said if you have 2000 base mana + 1000 mana from manamune + say 500 from Frozen Heart and another 250 from Sheen/Trinity as well as the 350 mana base from Manamune itself so that would be 4075.

For this example lets assume Manamune is only at 500 charge so 3575 mana approximatly. That is a little more than 70 AD from one item ability along with the mana + 20 AD on the manamune itself. So 90 Ad from one item that costs 2110 total. This is assuming you go with said build of Manamune, Frozen Heart, Sheen/Trinity Force.
His shield which could proc depending on circumstances proc every 60 seconds would be 1750.

Shaxtenn

01-15-2012

I like Manamune on Blitz. It's a cheap AD item - he doesn't need much in the way of AD. It synergises excellently with Sheen and Frozen Heart. It lets you throw out endless grabs at early levels, keeping up pressure during the windmill fight. And it pours mana into a huge Mana Barrier shield later on.

Blitz's mana costs are tremendous at low levels - 140 for grab - so you want to start with something for mana. He has very high starting health, 768 at level 3 before masteries, so you don't really need a ring or red crystal. You could start with two blue crystals for sheen + glacial shroud, or blue crystal + amp tome for an early sheen. But Sheen is cheap, even if you don't put any of your starting gold towards it. I don't think you give up anything by starting off with boots + Tear.

On Corki and Ezreal, tear is an unnecessary crutch to compensate for wasteful use of mana, and it means you have no offensive presence for the first few minutes. On Blitz it's a calculated decision to work with your passive. And he always has presence, as long as he can press Q.

StealinurELO

01-15-2012

Personally i think its a great item i have been having great sucess starting with manamune in a close game ive got it down to hit about 700 mana from it i usually go tear-catalyst-fronzen heart-sheen finish mamamune-odyns veil. also using +833 mana at 18 runes usually get close to 4k mana with this 2k shield! with some pretty decent AD!

Argotto

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Manamune is situational on Blitzcrank on Summoner's Rift. If you are stomping, it's the best pick, but your team is going to want that early Frozen Heart if not.

Unless you're calling Doublelift bad at LoL.
Did you even read my post?

Handaran

01-15-2012

For its price (considering you will probably start with tear and boots), I'd say manamune is a great item along with sheen in Dominion.

Two fairly cheap items that add a lot of early damage and survivability to blitz. Well worth it imo. Start with tear and boots, then finish the boots and buy sheen. On the next trip back with some gold, finish manamune, then work towards frozen heart. Dominion is so short, the quick and easy damage from the 2 can easily wreck most champs with your team to back you up as well.

BOXONYM

01-15-2012

Unfortunately, a lot of these people are just theorizing, and haven't actually tested Manamune on Blitz in Dominion.

I have. Theoretically, it gives great stats mid-late game for its cost. But practically, it yields a very weak early game. The bottom line is, I've always done better without Manamune than with. Ionian Boots / Frozen Heart / Trinity Force should be your core... then take your pick for MR.

In my experience, if you consciously build to compliment his passive, you can end up shortchanging the amazing utility of his other spells. For instance, I tend to grab FoN over Odyn's Veil, but it's a preference thing. Depends what you're after - straight tankiness? Then OV. But I like the movement speed FoN gives in addition to Trinity and his W.

Hugs From Momma

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitz View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of these people are just theorizing, and haven't actually tested Manamune on Blitz in Dominion.

I have. Theoretically, it gives great stats mid-late game for its cost. But practically, it yields a very weak early game. The bottom line is, I've always done better without Manamune than with. Ionian Boots / Frozen Heart / Trinity Force should be your core... then take your pick for MR.
Agreed Manamune is just too distracting from your main goal of being tanky and annoying. Never liked delaying my CDR and tanky purchases.

I like OV for my MR, it's worth a lot more than fon defensively once you calculate the 10% damage reduction effect.

Carados

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argotto View Post
Did you even read my post?
Did you read mine?