Sound bug- Area

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Sheep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

As the name implies I can hear the sound of different places after having watched the place (moving my screen to it) then making it back to mine. Making me able the sound of differents places even though I am not looking at that place or seeing it. Cause sometime it is also in the fog of war and I hear the sounds.

Black Sheep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

Don't remember since when it has started happened. If it did before, was just too lazy to post it.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

07-19-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Is this only happening when you are looking at/revealing FOW? Could you give us a specific example of what types of sounds this happens with?

Salacavalini

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Is this only happening when you are looking at/revealing FOW? Could you give us a specific example of what types of sounds this happens with?
I hear sounds of other players' abilities play when revealing Fog of War in areas where they have been and fought (for example, where they have been jungling), such as Xin Zhao or Poppy. Not sure if it's champion-specific but those two come to mind in particular.

Black Sheep

07-19-2010

that happen too

Kira the Light

07-21-2010

yeah you can hear any champions abilities through the fog of war. I use this all the time to know if the other team is doing baron or dragon. who needs wards when you know they are there because you can hear the abilities through the FOW. Its not just certain champions its all champions. It makes it so easy to find junglers ect.

Painkillaz

07-28-2010

Yes. I can confirm this. A poppy used his ult to smash an opponent into the bushes in the jungle (Bottom Golem Buff). 5-10 mins later i visit the same area and you just hear the smashing of someone into the trees. even though noone was there.

CygnusX

03-21-2011

There was another thread that contained a comment by Phreak concerning sounds through fog of war.... but as I was unable to find it, I am posting here instead.

Katrina's W can be heard through fog of war. Its a very distinct sound if you're familiar with the champion.