When will the issue of Leavers / AFKs on SR be addressed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleSin

01-15-2012

Am I missing something or does Riot not realize that this happens in almost 50%+ games? At least it seems to me, the last 4 games I have played 3 games had leavers and that's only because I only remember the last 4 games. Has Riot given up or do they just ignore this?

People claim that 4v5 games are still fair and that "if I was good I could carry the team out of it." Explain to me how if I am playing a tank role (because no one else ever does), how am I supposed to carry my team to victory? Do I change and build damage and suicide without a tank? Do I tank and KS kills to get fed gold to "carry my team to victory?" It doesn't matter if I can survive a 1v5 for 5 minutes before dying, if the team has no damage output because of an AFK carry eventually I will die. No tank is invincible forever and eventually they will build tank buster items. Over and over again I lose games more often to AFKs than anything else. My most reported button is "Leaver/AFK." I can handle negative attitude, I can handle trolls with the ignore button, where is the fun in wasting 8 hours a week on this game to AFKs in SR?

Honestly this game is fun when things are fair but more often than not I feel like I am not having fun anymore. Just get rid of solo queue if it is broken then? Denying it is broken is going the way of stubborn old hag and calling it a conspiracy theory. Didn't WoW die for this reason? Champions are fun and all but how about spending some time on fixing the big issues?

JitnikoVi

01-15-2012

50%+ games...

hmm this seems like an exaggeration

IDoNotMidEver

01-15-2012

Lets take a couple of things into consideration and put some sense into it.

1. If we were to take out solo queueing, lets look at the implications of that. My friends aren't online so I can't play LoL. I don't want to queue with the people on my friends list. That's just 2 reasons.

2. The logic behind team sports works in every situation, both in RL and in a virtual world. If you were playing social soccer on a Monday night and one of your teammates left halfway through the game. Would it be the organisers fault (Riot in this case)?

3. These things happen. I'm sure when your opposing team has a leaver you don't leave to make it even. nor does anyone. It's the way it works. sometimes you have to deal with these things. and as for your point to remove solo queues why don't you just form a team of 5 and put responsibility on the leaver.

I've said enough. But I'm sure you get the idea. We understand your frustrated but you personally have the power to stop this from happening.

SlytheKrauss

01-15-2012

Honestly, the reason there is so many AFKer/leavers is on of three reasons IMHO.

1: The player AFK/leaving is a new player and is basically rage quitting. (Just play the game more you get better)

2: The player has real life concerns and cannot continue to attend the match.

3: The player has lag/computer issues and disconnects frequently.

My proposition to you my friend is to try playing a draft pick match, I'm no expert or anything and I haven't even been playing this game that long but if you try a draft pick match you will find the players there are a lot more competitive and they too realize the frustration that you are feeling, hence this issue is drawn to a minimum. Again this is what I think, and it's my opinion, but I also believe there are some out there with the same opinion.

DX Dougl3r

01-15-2012

I agree something needs to be done but it's too tough on people with poor internet and if you give something back to victims then it just incentivises them to make someone leave. There exists a solution in the middle but random day or two bans are not good enough.
Anyways I agree that new champion design is always nice a refreshing but rather then 3ish weeks between champs it should be like 1.5 months with more time allocated to making the current game better. More things like jungle changes are nice to see what makes the game fun and accessable to all levels of skill and play. Not to mention new viable maps, sorry Dominion is fun but I like SR meta and lets face LOL @ Twisted Treeline

DX Dougl3r

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytheKrauss View Post
Honestly, the reason there is so many AFKer/leavers is on of three reasons IMHO.

My proposition to you my friend is to try playing a draft pick match, I'm no expert or anything and I haven't even been playing this game that long but if you try a draft pick match you will find the players there are a lot more competitive and they too realize the frustration that you are feeling, hence this issue is drawn to a minimum. Again this is what I think, and it's my opinion, but I also believe there are some out there with the same opinion.
agreed Blind Pick is for knobs :P

DoubleSin

01-19-2012

The issues I see with AFKs are not limited to SR Solo queue non-ranked. They also exist on Solo/Duo Queue Ranked. I have even queued with 4 people into ranked before and still get paired with AFK players. I work odd hours for my job and do not often get to log on during prime time, so most of my friends are rarely on when I am on. I play with a lot of people from Japan as they appear to be on during the time when I am on, but there is a language barrier in many cases.

I don't feel that saying "queue with people" is an adequate response to solo queue. If Solo Queue doesn't work and Riot doesn't plan to address the issue, then why have it? I don't think it makes sense to continue being abused in the hopes that maybe 2 or 3 hours out of 8 in a week are fair games.

Yes I hear that age old saying that the "other team has AFKs too." I do not enjoy winning 5v4 either, and especially hate it more when they don't surrender and I am forced to waste another 20 minutes picking them off because I was the unfortunate person playing a tank or support role and can't solo push. This is my real hesitation with tank and support, I know if I am unlucky I cannot carry playing these roles. In these roles you are more team dependent and with such high probability of getting an AFK it is not worth picking.

For months I am aggravated, I play this game less and less even though I really want to. Most of the time now I just refresh the LoL homepage once a day just to see if anything interesting is going on then go do something else. I don't feel like wasting another disappointing hour of my life when the goal is to enjoy it. Is this so wrong? This week I have only played 3 games, all three involving a leaver on either my team or theirs. This is a good game, I don't understand why the most crippling aspect of it is not more aggressively addressed. I am not anti social, I am not difficult to be friendly with and I do have a lot of friends on my friends list. I just happen to have a life and a job during the times when everybody seems to play and I am left with scum.