@Riot Can we please stop the turtlers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krone6

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog0825 View Post
I totally agree with this. Turtlers are so annoying!!!! I was playing Gangplank and I went 18/3/5. All the outer turrets were down, but the opposing team just sat there at the fountain catching up on the farm. Although, we did win the game, but instead of a short, quick 15 minutes win, it turned out to be an hour.
Sometimes games can last an hour. Stop playing with your own rule set, play with the rule set riot made. If turtling is part of the game then expect every team to turtle every game. If they don't then you're lucky. If they do, find out why you're not winning right away and try new things. I used to think like you, calling everyone "lucky" they got a kill until i read a certain article. It's not luck, it's almost always your own fault and it's something you did that you can CHANGE.. Look at why you didn't come out victor and try something new next time.

Seanzzie

01-17-2012

Just saying, turtling has won me a few games recently. Firstly, they destroyed us in the first twenty minutes, we pulled the game to an hour and a half and two of their people rage quit cause of it. Second time we turtled with a nasus and he was able to virtually one shot everyone by 60 minutes ^^. But they were all stupid and make horrible mistakes.

The first mistake was pushing our inhibitors every time they came up. That just allowed us to free farm inside our base as well as not providing them any advantage. We wouldnt even contest their attempts to take our inhibs cause it was too good for us.

Secondly, they waited too long to make a suicide run at our tower, if you do it early in the turtling you can usually take the tower with little effect to you, you ill be able to respawn before they can push more than one tower, then can usually kill them while they are out of position the the lanes/jungle. If you wait till 60 minutes into the game, of course they are going to take themselves all the way to your nexus when they ace you!

XilverDagger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJL View Post
what would you do if you are alone in your house and there is a serial killer in there? will you go to say hello?
Definitely. I like to think of myself as a nice guy

KaoticAsylim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJL View Post
its all about tactic, playing aggresive or defensive is up to each team, is obiusly tath a team tath is getting killed will start to play defensive, what would you do if you are alone in your house and there is a serial killer in there? will you go to say hello? or will you just hide until the moment is appropritate to do somenthing?
i also like the idea of draft pick
I'm not saying the other team is wrong for doing it, I'm saying that the map should be rearraged so that it doesn't happen. I have definately won games I should have lost because of turtling, but I was totally aware that I deserved a loss in that situation. Until it is fixed, by God i'll use it, but that doesn't change the fact that it should be changed.

Venumxion

01-18-2012

wait... you were like 14-1 and you couldnt 3 hit the enemy team??? This isnt turtling, its throwing the game, you should get a ban not them.

KaoticAsylim

01-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venumxion View Post
wait... you were like 14-1 and you couldnt 3 hit the enemy team??? This isnt turtling, its throwing the game, you should get a ban not them.
I could have gone 50/0, when my only ranged attack is my Q, and they are all in the fountain there isn't a whole helluva lot I could do. Thanks though.

This thread isn't about my bad experience with turtling, its about the toxic mechanic on its own, so lets focus on that.

BL4CKPikachu

01-20-2012

I totally agree with ice

Vanderwoud

01-20-2012

I am a moba veteran and can honestly say that the idea of making it so the minions/creeps lose agro at the fountain/laser is a big gameplay improvement.

On Twisted Treeline it is extremely easy to permanently kite the minions into the laser to keep up. It's entirely too easy for players to kite the creeps back, walk in to range of the attacking heroes and blow all their cooldowns, retreat and heal, wash-rinse-repeat.

The tower either needs to be moved or the creeps need a buffer to keep them away from the shop. Not both though, the idea of being able to jump in and blow cooldowns isn't so bad if their creeps are still pushing the tower. As well the creeps being pulled into the shop isn't so bad if the tower is far enough away to where defending players have to endanger themselves to defend. One or the other is a good idea, I am leaned toward the invisible buffer that loses creep agro from the shop so they cant be killed by the laser, but at the same time keeps minions from killing players at the shop while healing.

Puma Namanari

01-24-2012

/singed
I do really want to get more into 3v3s, but the whole current situation is just awful as is and doesn't appear to allow for any sort of fair matchups.

normal draft mode + tower movage / creep path adjustments = muchly needed.

Jamie98s

01-24-2012

i hate how you can dominate and push and try to win, but if its late enough in the game if they get 1 ace its game over, and everything that came before is meaningless. Just happened to me last night.