@Riot Can we please stop the turtlers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gezomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

i love turtling, i kind of have to with my friends some times, they like to feed because from the start they play like they are 18 with full item build, turtling has saved many games.... on topic though, if you couldnt kill the 1 turret in 30 minutes, then it is you and your teams fault, being so far ahead and not being able to steam roll them at there turret is pretty sad

KaoticAsylim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Reguardless of what champions were on my team or the opposing team, as long as the losing team isn't totally incompetent they are able to turtle in the fountain and farm as long as they'd like. I'm not saying I have never done the same thing, as a matter of fact, when I am on the losing team I absolutely fall back to my nexus turret and poke 'til the cows come home. That doesn't change that fact that it needs to be fixed.

The ability to turtle on TT wasn't a mechanic purposely introduced to balance champions with an early game advantage, it was a lack of foresight on the part of the developers. Almost every game of TT with decent players on each side comes down to one final teamfight after every champion has their full build, and it's absolutely ridiculous. It makes for stale gameplay and unsatisfying victories, reguardless of who wins.

And as for those of you who are ignorantly saying "Oh, if we can't turtle then OP champs will own 2 hard", adding a draft mode for Twisted Treeline would solve that problem as well.

JMarshall

Recruiter

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Wong View Post
once i turtled with my team with only our nexus.when we got an ace we won.riot shouldent ban people for turtling.
Dont push inhibs if you cant finish the game out right there

KaoticAsylim

01-16-2012

bump

Sam

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod1 View Post
Ok, here's your problem. You picked Lee Sin. He's one of the characters that's easily considered OP in TT. What this means is that you have a HUGE advantage when laning, and makes it really easy for your team to push. Why you couldn't manage to push their nexus tower in 30 minutes relies more on your teams inability, than their ability to turtle.

TT is very strategic, and much different than SR. On TT, there is usually one of the two sides that has a clear laning advantage. Because of this, turtling becomes an important way to ensure a fair game. If they found some way to remove turtling, all you would have is Lee Sin, Tryn, and Singed teams fighting each other. That, my friend, does not sound fun.

Instead of making posts complaining about teams that 1) out played you (as opposed to out powered you, because that's what Lee Sin does on TT), 2) possibly chose champs that have a better late game, 3) managed to hold you up for 30 min at nexus tower without you taking it out (still not sure how they managed this), 4) aced you because they played better on even ground, you could learn to play a little better and stop relying on overpowered champs to do the job for you on TT.
He is pretty **** correct, to be honest. How did you get hold up for 30 mins? You guys possibly maybe afraid to die for the tower?. BECAUSE if you did die for the tower earlier, and they pushed maybe 1-2 towers. You guys would've won the game.

getdunked92

01-16-2012

turtling is a valid tactic deal with it if you picked a tank you could have him tank everyone and the nexus turret while you destroy the turret and then retreat then come back have a guy lure them away a bit by looking alone then ninja the nexus it isnt hard you people are just bad

Corben158

01-16-2012

Thought everyone else got the memo that said riot doesn't care about 3's

NateDog0825

01-16-2012

I totally agree with this. Turtlers are so annoying!!!! I was playing Gangplank and I went 18/3/5. All the outer turrets were down, but the opposing team just sat there at the fountain catching up on the farm. Although, we did win the game, but instead of a short, quick 15 minutes win, it turned out to be an hour.

SilverJL

Recruiter

01-17-2012

its all about tactic, playing aggresive or defensive is up to each team, is obiusly tath a team tath is getting killed will start to play defensive, what would you do if you are alone in your house and there is a serial killer in there? will you go to say hello? or will you just hide until the moment is appropritate to do somenthing?
i also like the idea of draft pick

Koldheartedjsp

01-17-2012

stop letting the enemy team drag the game out and maybe you'll stop losing to turtlers

stop going 3 melee and maybe you'll stop losing to turtlers

stop downing the ****ing inhibitor and maybe the enemy won't turtle (holy ****ing **** but this is crazy talk)