@Riot Can we please stop the turtlers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaoticAsylim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I know this same idea has been brought up 1000 times, but if we can get enough supporters on this thread, hopefully Riot will take some notice.. How many more games do I have to play where we dominate the enemy team for the first 20 minutes of the game, only the have the losers turtle in their fountain for 30 minutes so that they can catch up in farm?

The game I was just in I was playing Lee Sin. I went 14/1/4 at 15 minutes and we pushed all the way to their nexus tower. However, the enemy team decided to sit in their fountain and lead out minions into the fountain laser for 25 minutes, all the while we took buffs, controlled dragon, and attempted to push their turret. Not suprisingly, after farming for 30 excruciating minutes, the enemy team catches up to us, aces us, and wins the game in one push. 3 turrets, 1 inhib and the nexus.

This problem can be solved with 2 fixes. One, move the nexus tower to the other side of the nexus, forcing the opponent to actually put themselves in danger to defend it. And two, put an invisible barrier around the outside of the fountain that makes the minions lose agro before they are struck by the fountain laser.

I do enjoy playing 3v3s, and I have accepted that character balance is non existent, and probably always will be. However, nothing is more frustrating that losing a game that the enemy drug out 30 minutes too long that you should have won.

Edit- As many people have suggested before, a draft mode should also be added, as there are certain champions that are particularly hard to deal with.

Edit 2- Those of your that agree with the changes i've suggested, show your support with a /signed post or something of the like. The only way Riot will make a change is if the community shows that they really want it.

7Sins Greed

01-15-2012

I totally agree with this, I had 5 games in a row like this, it made me want to completely stop playing League all together, it honestly does get to the point of absurdity, and insanity. I really like how you added suggestions in your post, and it's not just all Q_Q Fountain huggers.
+1 to you mate.

Plz Buff Shaco

01-15-2012

Did you take inhib each time it respawned? That's a big problem that causes turtling.
But I do agree they should move the turret

HKnux5112

01-15-2012

This is what I usually do, when my team mates are actually smart and go in with me. I instruct tank to go hit the turret first, then obviously we both run behind. By that time, all your champs would be fed with attack damage and attack speed.

Take down the turret in 5 seconds, then decide what you want to do from there. Team fight or push nexus as fast as you can.

CoolBreeze95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I got a solution for this my friend, get a champ with a dash (lee sin needs help with some wards, but can still get over the wall) Dash over the wall next to the nexus, poke the tower, once they come at you, back out and dash over again, keep doing this and the turret will slowly wear down, cause if they decide to stay put at the tower so you cant dash over and poke it... then suddenly they arent pulling the minions. This is why i love playing champions like tryndamere and renekton on 3v3.

Dustbin

01-15-2012

The pool area really needs fixing yes, but you can just restrain yourself and not kill both inhibs when you're not ready to win.
I doubt Riot are gonna change it since they've like never changed any of the maps actual layouts.

xDeathhawkx

01-15-2012

Don't be afraid to make a change Riot. If it doesn't work you can always change it back in the next patch

Ichabod1

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoticAsylim View Post
I know this same idea has been brought up 1000 times, but if we can get enough supporters on this thread, hopefully Riot will take some notice.. How many more games do I have to play where we dominate the enemy team for the first 20 minutes of the game, only the have the losers turtle in their fountain for 30 minutes so that they can catch up in farm?

The game I was just in I was playing Lee Sin. I went 14/1/4 at 15 minutes and we pushed all the way to their nexus tower. However, the enemy team decided to sit in their fountain and lead out minions into the fountain laser for 25 minutes, all the while we took buffs, controlled dragon, and attempted to push their turret. Not suprisingly, after farming for 30 excruciating minutes, the enemy team catches up to us, aces us, and wins the game in one push. 3 turrets, 1 inhib and the nexus.

This problem can be solved with 2 fixes. One, move the nexus tower to the other side of the nexus, forcing the opponent to actually put themselves in danger to defend it. And two, put an invisible barrier around the outside of the fountain that makes the minions lose agro before they are struck the the fountain laser.

I do enjoy playing 3v3s, and I have accepted that character balance is non existent, and probably always will be. However, nothing is more frustrating that losing a game that the enemy drug out 30 minutes too long that you should have won.

Ok, here's your problem. You picked Lee Sin. He's one of the characters that's easily considered OP in TT. What this means is that you have a HUGE advantage when laning, and makes it really easy for your team to push. Why you couldn't manage to push their nexus tower in 30 minutes relies more on your teams inability, than their ability to turtle.

TT is very strategic, and much different than SR. On TT, there is usually one of the two sides that has a clear laning advantage. Because of this, turtling becomes an important way to ensure a fair game. If they found some way to remove turtling, all you would have is Lee Sin, Tryn, and Singed teams fighting each other. That, my friend, does not sound fun.

Instead of making posts complaining about teams that 1) out played you (as opposed to out powered you, because that's what Lee Sin does on TT), 2) possibly chose champs that have a better late game, 3) managed to hold you up for 30 min at nexus tower without you taking it out (still not sure how they managed this), 4) aced you because they played better on even ground, you could learn to play a little better and stop relying on overpowered champs to do the job for you on TT.

Ichabod1

01-15-2012

Oh, and I congratulate the team that was able to turn around a near loss because of their ability to outplay the OP team. It gives me posts to read where OP champs get to QQ because they weren't handed their easy win. lol

Gerry Wong

01-15-2012

once i turtled with my team with only our nexus.when we got an ace we won.riot shouldent ban people for turtling.