Ryze viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sovietclam

01-14-2012

So i have ryze and was just wondering if hes any good? I know that he doesnt use AP and that he is more of a sustained damage instead of a burst, just want to know if he is a viable meta at the time being.

Skypaw

01-14-2012

Yes, Ryze is god mode.

IKoDuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

my mind is boggled that this topic even has to be made

Robogoon

01-15-2012

Can be tough to play early game, but his stun is killer and sustained spell vamp with his ult is crazy.

Nokthar

01-15-2012

He is amazing, one of the best in mid, and even one of the best top solo, as his stun can counter so many up there plus his nice and tanky and an all round beautiful champ.

DX Dougl3r

01-15-2012

Hi my name is Ryze and I have problem. I just can't get enough mana, my AP caster friends all tell me it's affecting my relationships with them but I just can't seem to quit. I mean I have 400 leftover gold from my last purchase and I just can't no by a mana crystal. I even forget to finish full items just so I can buy another mana crystal. I know I need to stop but I still do so much damage with only half built items, the high is just too good... yeah Im running out of clever ways to say Ryze is awesome :P

JitnikoVi

01-15-2012

hotshot, dyrus, wickd, and doublelift agreed that ryze with red+blue is "god mode"

Paragons

01-16-2012

Go to the tutorial -> battle training, you can try out Ryze, Garen, and Ashe. Yes, the game will be extremely easy, but you can see if you like them or not. It's really fun to just spam comboes with Ryze; because he scales off mana, you build mana pool boosts, so you don't have mana issues like most other casters. One worry with him though, is that he's often played as a troll character; your team might be worried if you pick him.

Kenshin Akira

01-16-2012

Ryze is a very strong character right now. You don't need to build AP on him since his main spells are powered by his Mana anyway, which means you can build for raw damage by building bulky with Banshee's Veil, Archangel Staff, Catalyst, Frozen Hearts...

Add a strong, INSTANT snare and a solid nuke, as well as AoE and Spellvamp off his ult and a magic-resist shredder off his Spell Flux, and you have a powerful mage. His only real flaw is that he needs to be kind of close for his full combo, as his spells don't have the best range.

Wanton Davis

01-16-2012

Ryze is quite good, and has the benefit of being able to build very tanky and still dish out a ton of damage by building items with mana+hp and/or resistances (RoA, Frozen Heart, Lish Bane etc.), but his main issue is with his very short range. Even at the edge of his snare, Vayne (as an example) can still autoattack him. Just be aware of this if your playstyle doesn't suit it.