Items to avoid and WHY(semi-guide)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsowikk View Post
It allows you to build a madreds bloodrazer which deals 8% of the targets health as magical damage on top of your standard attack or a wigglers lantern which gives you free wards. Both serve you well through out the game and are much more effecient.
God dam I wish it really did that! Or do I?

SwiftExecution

08-04-2010

out of all of these I agree with Nashor's the most, the AS coupled with an AP item is just silly on champs not named kayle or Kog'maw.

kooolcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2010

should also make a note that madred's bloodrazer is good regardless of who you are targeting. Even against softies with 1500~ hp it adds a grand total of 90 damage to your attacks. At 3800 gold it competes decently with Bloodthrister at 3200 gold. That coupled with the fact that sometimes you do in fact have to target the tank (jump him in forest etc.) it has good benefits to your dps regardless of target.
And something sometimes overlooked is that it also gives armor, sometimes the difference in life or death.

biomorph

08-22-2010

I would like to add that getting madreds against tanks has a dissapointing effect and I claim that it is flat out a mistake, why? Because some tanks are not stupid and realize that you need both armor and magic resist and that greatly diminishes the effect of madreds. If you are physical you should rather get a last whisper or as caster a void staff.
However, as mentioned above, Madreds is still good against any ~2k HP DPS of various sorts as they tend to neglect magic resist.

I tried Madreds on Ashe and regardless of who you are up against you are way better off rushing Infinity Edge and if they are tanky then pack Last Whisper or Black Cleaver.

So I've seen Shaco and WW pack Madreds with seemingly great success but as for Ashe that is definately a nogo.

Ailady

08-22-2010

Trinity Focre stacks with Trinity Force amirite? oh and is yanmous blade better than youmous blade?

DKraze

08-22-2010

Cheers Mate

Titan III

08-22-2010

SoTD can be used on TF in synergy with Stacked Deck, but its more of an endgame item because I for one prefer getting PaC/WC first.

Klikiss

08-22-2010

I'm by no means good at Akali yet, I've only been trying her during the free week, but isn't Hextech Gunblade almost custom made for her? It's the item I work on each time I've played her. Seems perfect.

I'd never considered it for Soraka though, interesting idea. I also haven't considered it for a champ that can go AD or AP, such as Sivir.

Texas Snyper

08-22-2010

the hextech gunblade is really good an akali, but what he said is mostly accurate. Its not good for MOST champs, akali is the exception to the rule.

Also the phantom dancer is pretty good on trist, as attack speed and high movement speed does amazing things for chasing runners down with her extremely large attack range.

Carados

08-22-2010

Rushing Warmogs is also a bad idea, because it removes your survability when you're most needed.

Aegis of the Legion and Rylais/Frozen Mallet are much better choices on pretty much any character, especially tanks. There is really no reason to rush Warmogs, and thus no real reason to purchase Warmogs, unless you want to lane for forty minutes instead of being useful as a ganker, as pretty much any character who would purchase Warmogs (IE, tanks) are great gankers.