Items to avoid and WHY(semi-guide)

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Die Nacht

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Unn, I've been using Malady in my DPS kog, but I keep hearing it is not that good. I guess I'll budge.

Zerker's however, is good, specially for a DPS Kog since you have to make the most out of your Bio-Arcane Barrage (high AS = more attacks in its 6s duration). It is the first attack speed item I get, and with my 26% I get from Marks and Quints, my attack speed is around 1.3 early game.
I do understand what you mean by AS is not good because most conflicts are quick, but that's not the case with Kog's long range W. As the conflict goes, Kog's just stands like 500 range away attacking a single unit while everyone is super-slowed. This allows him to weaken the team by lowering the HP of the tank (or killing it, which is easy due to Kog's crazy ARP) or killing the melee carry.

I will however, change my Malady, thx for the info!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-19-2010

I typically pair Last Whisper with the Infinity Edge when I play Ashe and it's quite good because the AS increases synergize well with the critical shot increases of the Infinity Edge. I've seen lots of other guides recommend Last Whisper for Ashe also w/ IE. Do you have a better item? For its price, LW seems to be a good complement to IE.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twigg

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Good list, though I personally would remove Nashor's Tooth. It's a pretty solid item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
Good list, though I personally would remove Nashor's Tooth. It's a pretty solid item.
Ok I don't mean it's bad but the problem is that very few champions make good use out of all it's parts(and even fewer can justify the cost). So since half of the guide is to stear noobs away from items they shouldn't be using in most situations it gets on the list.(I've seen way to many malady,zerker,nashors ashes. Yes Nashors on attack speed ashe)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
I will say that this list is pretty bogus for the very reason that in my opinion every item is situational depending on what you want to achieve as much as what hero to use them on.

The most controversial perhaps is Philosophers Stone. I use this item on Poppy since the HP/MP regen + Gold earned + Poppy passive (which is the main reason) makes you stay in lane pretty much for as long as you want. And enables you to farm despite harass.

I often build ashe as (especially if opponents are melee heavy):
- Vampiric Scepter
- Boots of Swiftness
- Infinity Edge
- 2 x Pantom Dancer

(Game often ends here)

- Blood Thirster (from scepter)
- "Some item depending on what is needed"

The double phantom dancer gives you insane dodge and speed which has made me survive the most chaotic battles which is great when you are a glass cannon.

And it goes on and on. I ask you not to take this list too seriously but the thread starter does make several very interesting points that I will take into consideration
I'd love to play against you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph2verse8and9 View Post
I typically pair Last Whisper with the Infinity Edge when I play Ashe and it's quite good because the AS increases synergize well with the critical shot increases of the Infinity Edge. I've seen lots of other guides recommend Last Whisper for Ashe also w/ IE. Do you have a better item? For its price, LW seems to be a good complement to IE.
I can't cover every possible situation and this is more of a general guide to the items that don't always justify the costs. This sounds solid but if you felt like it you could also sub it out for a Ghostblade(extra crit chance,static armor pen that is better against squishies,active helps you wreck someone even quicker). Your build is definately fine since this is more of a general guide I tend to leave the situational tier to you're own discretion though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrataali View Post
SotD completely shuts down Jax, period. If you're the carry on the team, this item is cheap enough to buy because you will down jax before he can do anything.

Second about this item: the active is amazing. Given the fact that you can ignore dodge, this item is worth at least considering if the other team has ninja tabi/phantom dancer/dodge runes/etc.




LW is really cheap for what it does and works with Ghostblade. I almost prefer it over Madred's against a tank-heavy team.




(you're talking about the phantom dancers) It's a late-game item, especially when the other team has some ridiculous melee dps carry like Tryn or Yi.



Good post though, those were the only items i disagreed with.
(sword of the divine) It does a good job for what it can do. But it's active is the only real use and that isn't up enough for me to recomend it. Jax isn't the god he once was so it isn't nessecary to get it to beat him(annie does that quite well )


(last whisper) I never meant to say it was bad(I recomendded it against tank heavy teams). I'm not sure on how it works with ghostblade(I mean if the 40% reduction is before or after the ghostblade's 30 reduction). I just meant the ghostblade is a better item against less tank heavy team.
I agree.

(phantom dancers) It's a late game item for certain carrie's which I thought I pointed out(am I screwing up what I mean to say?). I just meant that they are good later on after you have you're attack damage and armour pen.


EDIT: SOrry for the triple posts but I had to respond to three people and thats hard to do in one post


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrentClagg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-19-2010

I believe you're wrong about the Last Whisper. From my understanding armor is calculated as:

Base armor - Armor reduction effects (Black Cleaver, Starks)
Then armor percentage penetration (Last Whisper)
Followed by armor penetration (Runes, Masteries, Brutalizer)

This means that a Last Whisper in conjunction with the 6arp from mastery points and ~30arp will bring a 100armor target to 24armor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-19-2010

what would you recommend for items for warwick?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alsowikk

Senior Member

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBolas View Post
what would you recommend for items for warwick?
Ok I am NOT a warwick main so this is going to be VERY far off. I'll try though

start you want to jungle so

cloth armour and as many health pots as possible
go for the early blood razer
boots of your choice
starks(if no one else will get it)
wits end(if mana heavy the proc will make you're ult drain them of mana AND deal crazy damage)
guardians angel

NOTE: THis is probably terrible and is made from 2 games experience on warwick
(anyone with a better build help this guy?)


12345678 ... 11