When bot is ganked constantly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

What do I do?! I lose so many 1v3 skirmishes. Do I run? Stall? It's pretty rough when that happens. Winning 1v1 frequently means nothing if their team jumps you.

atlas304

01-14-2012

you ***** at your teammates for help. if that doesnt help run top and dont look back.

Kiddalee

01-14-2012

Ping Windmill furiously. If the enemy is spending that much manpower to gank you, your allies had better push their advantage on top. It costs less manpower to retake bottom from the one smirking poker than to take top against the rest of the enemy team.

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

If you see the enemy coming tell your team and last as long as possible. If your team isn't helping at all get onto them! The enemy ganking and your team not will lose yall the game!

alasknd

01-14-2012

If this is solo queue blind pick that you're talking about there really isn't much that you can do. Yelling at your teammates to help bot will typically just lead to them raging at you for losing it with no admission to the 1v2 or 1v3 situations.

You really have 3 options to help with this. You could start queuing with a group so that you can yell on vent for help, which is generally more effective if only because yelling on vent is more annoying / generally requires several clicks in order to mute. You could also switch to draft mode where teamwork is slightly better, although this issue is still present. Alternatively you could take up playing a very passive bot lane champ like maokai, who while he cannot hold a point 1v3 will outlast most 2 man ganks and is impossible to break out of a stalemate situation 1v1, plus he can break attempts to cap his bot from right next to the spawn ramp with saplings .

EMeta

01-14-2012

The rest of your team just needs better map awareness. You can help that via pinging & tellign them 1v3, but if they don't come, not much you can do. Otherwise they might cap opponents' mid, but that setup never lasts long.

Hobocop

01-14-2012

I just say in chat '# bot', then stall for as long as I can without dying. No point just getting killed for no real reason and giving them free gold along with point control.

Taenaryn

01-14-2012

In theory, if you're getting swarmed by two or three other champs, you play defensively and use your turret to help. That also means that top has 4v2 or 4v3 advantage for your team. That's why tanks often make very good bot champs.

In practice, if you're not a bot that can survive long even with a turret's help, you MUST bring a teammate down to help you. In which case, you bring the bare minimum down to help you that you can, because you still want to have a numbers advantage up top. It's about the points. If you keep that bot point, it's a steady stream of points off their nexus or at the absolute worst, one less point coming off your nexus.

A bot like Skarner or Maokai are good champs for this. Skarner has a shield that's also a steroid, and his ult can drag people onto the turret which you can than make harder for them to escape with your Q slow (or even a Rylai's which makes your shield stronger and gives you more health). Maokai is good because his saplings are semi-intelligent scouts and will chase bad guys. His ult is a very nice damage soak that will trigger even if he dies. And his W can pin an enemy under your turret for a crucial hit or two which might make all the difference. Heim is also good on bot for similar reasons. His turrets, especially when upgraded, make tower diving a very risky proposition.

In all those cases the enemy is going to try to force you off the tower. Some can do it better than others, but if you play very defensively you have a good chance of holding them off for the required time before an ally comes to gank, possibly netting lots of kills.

In most scenarios, if another player is coming bot, I rejoice because it means a) I pushed bot very well and b) my team now has a numbers advantage up top which means c) I did my job. The key once you do that is not to overextend. Playing aggressively can get you their bot... which you can make them WORK to try to take back. It can be a game-winning strategy. But if you don't do it before they send a teammate down to gank, it can mean your death, and subsequently you losing your bot. You need to pay attention to the minimap very closely.

I find what works best *for me* is to play aggressively. Often I take their bot very quickly, sit on it for a while, cap their health pots for points and sustain, and once I'm there I play extremely defensively. No single champ ever ever takes me off their bot once I have it. But if I can't take it that quickly, I switch from aggressive to defensive as soon as I notice an MIA champ or see that icon going down through mid. I start planning my escape route and save things like shields or stuns for escaping back to my tower.

Most people expect rage when you constantly gank them 3v1. I don't. I... well, it's not nice, but I gloat. "I LOVE it when it takes three of you to take me off my point. That's why we now have Windmill." Maybe it's giving away strategy, but smart players already know that strategy, and if my teammate *doesn't* know it, hopefully they were paying attention. And it disconcerts them. It often makes bad players wonder if they did something wrong. Where's my rage? Why am I smiling? They're winning, right? Right?!?! I don't know if that's helped me win in my games... but I *do* have a much higher win ratio when I play bot than when I go top.

Worst case scenario: You have their bot, you are holding off THREE champs, and your team still lost your mid and the Windmill. That means there's not very much you can do about it. Either they have a champ as strong on top as you are on bot, or your team just sucks. Now's the time your team has to start trying something else, or you'll lose. Back-capping can turn the tide here especially if you have a stealther who won't get ganked in the Jungle.

A final note. I've never built it because I hate Active abilities. But when I lose a point it's almost always to a hard CC such as a stun, and a Quicksilver Sash would probably make all the difference between dying and holding that point for much longer.

The Wrongsword

01-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenaryn View Post
A final note. I've never built it because I hate Active abilities. But when I lose a point it's almost always to a hard CC such as a stun, and a Quicksilver Sash would probably make all the difference between dying and holding that point for much longer.
another good active ability item ive run into in that situation is zhonya's. a heim on a point surrounded by his turrets that garrisons + hourglass is really nasty, similar to someone like morgana who can ult + hourglass. i dont see a lot of garrisons on bot lane but i have a friend who takes it for that reason, really helps to save your tower or help you hold your opponent's bot while your allies work on top

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-14-2012

All,

So ping, stall, but don't die. Thanks. I've been wondering about this for a bit.

Quote:
if that doesnt help run top and dont look back.
Once I lost bot to a couple, ran top and got a triple kill. It made the loss less painful. =') So while I hate to leave bot, I'll agree that going top doesn't mean you auto lose.