Summoner's Rift Dominon mode.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

What do you guys think of the idea?

Most of the towers (except the nexus two) would be replaced with capture points.

If this is the wrong section of the forums, sorry.

But this section of the forums is called Dominion, which is a mode, not Crystal Scar, which is the only dominion map.

Anyways, how easy would this be to make? Just a few swaps, give the Nexus 1,250 or so nexus points (to make up for the huge amount of capture points, 1,250 may be too much though, semi-random number.)

Brackhar perhaps could answer.

Edit: I'd also like to see Proving grounds fixed up with 1v1 (or 2v2), 2v2 (or 3v3), All Random mode, and single lane push-dominion. I mean, atleast for custom games.

Discuss?

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Would have to be all four corners with a single point in mid to capture. That would be the best way to do it. But other than that I don't think sr really lends itself well to a dom style play.

Oberic

01-12-2012

I'd still really like to try it, it would play a lot like basic SR, but you could actually take your towers back.

HOSK (a moba on WC3) had capturable towers, and that was extremely fun.

Edit, hosk/nostalgia rant:
HOSK was so fun that I started playing it whenever possible before I found LoL. It did have custom heroes though (you select model, spells, etc). My main design was a ranged murlock who had like three or four DOTs and a targeted stealth (self or an ally), it was that (custom built) hero that made me pick Twitch for my very first game of League of Legends way back.

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-12-2012

You could do this, maybe people would like it, but I personally see no reason to leave CS; it's fun, and I think it's a solid map design.

Oberic

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VhakulaKhaulepi View Post
You could do this, maybe people would like it, but I personally see no reason to leave CS; it's fun, and I think it's a solid map design.
Yeah, it's a solid map design.
Donuts don't usually break when you drop them, they roll more often. :P

I mainly just want more ways to play the current maps, and.. well, more maps would be nice for each mode.

Ascleph

01-12-2012

Imagine how long it would take for it to end when you can actually take your towers back

Imfrknbad

01-13-2012

Too big. Dominion is all about tiny skirmishes constantly happening. Among other problems the size of the map would simply kill it.

Oberic

01-13-2012

Crystal Scar, is about tiny skirmishes, not Dominion.

The concept of a large dominion map should be an option.

Dessim8

01-13-2012

A Dominionized setup for SR where the only changes are the gold gen, the aura and starting level would be interesting to see. It'd still be about destroying the nexus, just with Dominionized mechanics.

In general, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more Dominion maps besides CS anyway.

TakinTheHeat

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberic View Post
What do you guys think of the idea?

Most of the towers (except the nexus two) would be replaced with capture points.

If this is the wrong section of the forums, sorry.

But this section of the forums is called Dominion, which is a mode, not Crystal Scar, which is the only dominion map.

Anyways, how easy would this be to make? Just a few swaps, give the Nexus 1,250 or so nexus points (to make up for the huge amount of capture points, 1,250 may be too much though, semi-random number.)

Brackhar perhaps could answer.

Edit: I'd also like to see Proving grounds fixed up with 1v1 (or 2v2), 2v2 (or 3v3), All Random mode, and single lane push-dominion. I mean, atleast for custom games.

Discuss?
Unfortunately, nothing is easy with riot.

Hey Riot, why don't you get rid of air? ITS SO ****ING LAGGY

Well, we could drop everything for 6 months and swap..

Hey Riot, why don't you do shiny?

Well, we had to use a whole year to make a new map and mode

Personally I'd love them to give us the ability to customize our custom games like HoN has..

If you don't know much about it, here are the options they have that riot could do..

Random Hero - We have this.

Drop Items - items in your inventory will fall to the ground when you die and can be picked up and used by either team items are also indestructable and unsellable
No Respawn Timer - Obvious
Duplicate Heroes - Obvious

Unfortunately, they cant sell it, so they won't do it any time soon, if ever.

Quote:
A Dominionized setup for SR where the only changes are the gold gen, the aura and starting level would be interesting to see.
This. And what I said. How hard could it be?

An option they have that doesn't apply to what I was saying but is still amazing..

No Leavers - They track leaves by a percent and when you are over it you have to play with other leavers. Yep.

And even with all that said, Hon doesn't make half the money LoL makes. So again, unfortunately, Riot is doing something right(for themselves) even if it isn't the most fun it could be for us.