[Guide] How to Zhao, A Comprehensive Guide to Destroying Hopes and Dreams

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THSi

07-17-2010

I think this should be stickied!! Put it on the Guide page and be done with it.

mamboparadise

07-17-2010

I gave your guide a try with my first Zhao game. Ty for the quadra kill

johnnymo87

07-18-2010

Good guide, but one quick correction and follow up question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicksterz View Post
Last Whisper

Xin Zhao is an entirely physical based hero. Combined with your ArmPen marks and masteries, if you can get this early enough you will crush their team beneath your boot when you take out their casters in one quick Three-Talon Strike flurry.
Being discussed here ( http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=171134 ) is the fact that LW doesn't provide ANY arpen for abilities, only for auto-attacks, thus invalidating your assertion that getting it will boost your Q damage.

That being said, would you still recommend this as your first big item? If not, what would you recommend? And would you still perhaps recommend getting LW later anyway?

Celerity

07-18-2010

Hmm, this is a nice guide, but I found the item section somewhat lacking. After LW and Zeal, then...??? All you list are situational items. What is your preferred core for a long game? Do you stack AS or more AD, or maybe some tanking? Mostly I'm wondering if pure AS Xin is a good build, as I've heard it might be.

And yeah, I don't think LW is a good first item on anyone. You might as well just get the Recurve Bow and then build something else until their armor is high enough for LW to be effective, or audible to Wit's End instead.

Fandaran89

07-18-2010

Is a lifesteal heavy build worthwhile for Xin in your opinion, or should I focus on AS, ArP and Crit?

I've been favoring a build of
Zeal > Phantom Dancer after boots + LW
Boots 3
LW
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver

Clicksterz

07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
Hmm, this is a nice guide, but I found the item section somewhat lacking. After LW and Zeal, then...??? All you list are situational items. What is your preferred core for a long game? Do you stack AS or more AD, or maybe some tanking? Mostly I'm wondering if pure AS Xin is a good build, as I've heard it might be.

And yeah, I don't think LW is a good first item on anyone. You might as well just get the Recurve Bow and then build something else until their armor is high enough for LW to be effective, or audible to Wit's End instead.
you need to read the guide if you didn't see that i said Infinity Edge right after Zeal

also, whether or not Last Whisper affects abilities; it affects Three Talon Strike because the damage is added to your next 3 basic swings, similar to a Sheen effect, so it's good enough for me. it's got damage, arm pen, and attack speed, which makes it exactly what Xin Zhao thrives on.

if you don't like LW as your first then by all means switch the order or change it to Stark's. I just found that Starks is very underwhelming compared to LW.

Clicksterz

07-18-2010

to further ***** myself out, i've begun youtube commentating as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3O0zNmDAsk

Clicksterz

07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandaran89 View Post
Is a lifesteal heavy build worthwhile for Xin in your opinion, or should I focus on AS, ArP and Crit?

I've been favoring a build of
Zeal > Phantom Dancer after boots + LW
Boots 3
LW
Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Black Cleaver
i think after you've got that infinity edge plus your core 3 (3speeds, LW, Zeal), your item choices become really open. cleaver, PD, bloodthirster, tank items are all good choices

Raikou

07-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicksterz View Post
to further ***** myself out, i've begun youtube commentating as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3O0zNmDAsk
Thanks, these are always a plus. Telling someone how to play is one thing but showing them is better.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2010

I can't help but think that Madred's Bloodrazor would benefit him more as a first item than LW.

While it's true you lose out on the armor pen, you also gain magic damage based on the opponent's HP every hit, which also benefits you against armor-stacked targets.
I've always seen LW as an item to get after you notice tanks stacking armor pen and actually being hard to kill.

Cause in my experience, *being* a high-armor tank with my standard build, Zhao will still solo me without the armor pen.

123456 ... 7