Enough already.. Practice Games Please

12345612 ... 38
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yobber

07-17-2010

Yeah, Riot. Some of us play with our girlfriends or younger siblings. Most girlfriends are not super competitive gamers. Most younger siblings are not used to being called everything in the book because they died while trying to jungle. The excuse provided is simply not valid.

Also, those who would play practice games are now playing normal games(as stated above), and those people who normally play practice games are getting matched with people like me who actually take normal games seriously. Now, I don't flame people who aren't as good as me at this game, but I'll be ****ed if it's not frustrating to find a Shen who, being the only tank-class in a match, won't buy a health item because he wants to 1-shot minions.

We, your paying customers that you also sell the information of, demand practice games. How about you fix them in the FOUR HOUR LONG "restart" you're having tonight?

For instance, I went 17/3 with Akali last night. The rest of my team was running a 1:2 Kills : Deaths, and so was the enemy team. Tell me, how did we manage to lose?

BECAUSE PRACTICE GAMES ARE DISABLED AND EVERYONE TRIES NEW CHAMPS IN RECORDED NORMAL GAMES. FAIL, PHALE, FALE!

Ikitoro

07-17-2010

Agreed 100%... completely... wholeheartedly... I miss my practice games a lot. I realized it helps to play a practice game to break a funk. Don't have that anymore.

magillaguerrilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

I paid Riot money for Riot Points which I used to buy a character. I made that transaction with the expectation that the features available at that time would continue to be available. The champ stats are gone too, as are the losses in normal mode. The leaver mark for normal game queue dodging, while ranked games are still forced to play with chronic leavers, is just the icing on the cake.

To make a purchase and then have features removed retroactively is frankly INFURIATING. I'll never do business w/you again, Riot.

asktiks

07-17-2010

i never would have become even half decent with akali had i not had the advantage of doing starting builds and experimenting wiht her on practice
with time i got confident enough to main use her, but he first games before i decided i needed to learn her i got roflstomped due to her squiishiness

i miss my practice games to blow of steam of when i want to play somethng more relaxed than normal or ranked ladder

SOBRAVE STAR

07-17-2010

They need to bring these back. I bought anivia and the only way I could use her was in practice games. People were pretty forgiving because it was, well, anivia and she's hard to use. But, if I was someone who bought an easy to use character, then completely sucked, I would have to sit through a game of people telling me how much I suck.

Without practice games there's no way to try out new characters without it trashing your ELO, your stats, and ruining the game for other people.

RIOT needs to get these up ASAP. They should just rent some game servers temporarily or something, I'm sure all this season one traffic is making them a ton of cash.

Bogysaurusrex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

why are you playing this game ?

Dyloslawer

07-17-2010

i want practice games back

Garion

07-17-2010

well, i perfectly understand RIOT's position and reasoning to disable practice games, but cant we have some sort of date or timeline it would possibly come back on?

i personally already given up on trying to test out Ezreal, Morgana, Yi, Sivir.... since i dont want to ruin someone else's normal games, but i really wish that at least i get to try out Nidalee next week.

Firellius

07-17-2010

Or they should make an offline edition. But they already said that they wouldn't do that out of fear for reverse engineering.

But yeah, best option is to give us back the practice games. They don't matter, and are therefore perfect for testing builds and champions.

IFapForMoney

07-17-2010

I would like to apologize for the rage I spew in some of my games. I know what the OP is talking about. People are *******s. Also, bring practice back. I agree with the OP. They are way more fun and you can play any champ you want with any build and have fun without worrying about winning all the time.

12345612 ... 38