Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Enough already.. Practice Games Please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ELOisBULLSHYT

07-17-2010

Please don't hand me the BS story you posted in your Ranking FAQ about Normal Games being the new Practice Games. I don't want a hate filled, aggravating, own team bashing, tryhard infused, Anti-Ranked Game Solo'er laced, 25 minutes of QQ and Rage till somebody quits. I just want my six games of dorkin' around and passing time either by myself or with a friend and enjoy the fabric of the game. You've really alienated a niche group of players who self admittedly stink at the game or just don't like everything that come with playing with strangers who have different goals. Personally, I just want to grind out my daily IP so I can collect all of the champions. I played one game today (after days of waiting for Practice games to come back) and was treated poorly based on my, again, admitted lack of skill.

So please, bring back the practice games.... some of us.. just really are not that much into public PvP.

Thanks for your time.

TheOneTrueAustin

07-17-2010

They are disabled temporarily to handle the server stress the first week of season 1 from what I understand. They are not getting rid of it completely.

That said, I also wish it would come back soon. I haven't played this in a month and it would be nice to just practice stuff and try out some of the new character without being whined at all game.

EDIT: Really hoping practice comes back soon. League is a little bit of a chore to play without it.

Siing

07-17-2010

I seriously, seriously cannot fathom why practice games have been gone for so long. Maybe on the initial launch, but it's already been days... The hype has died down, general discussion viewer counts have dropped from 500+ to a steady 200...

If the servers STILL can't work at a safe rate with practice games (which I bet don't even take 5% of the servers load) now, something is very wrong... Oh and, where are all those people who would be playing practice games? Playing normal or ranked. Not like it makes much of a difference, they are still here putting pressure on the servers... And don't go on saying it was the bots causing the server stress, because nobody could even play without at least 3 other human players anyways.

I'm actually beginning to think Riot don't even know practice games aren't active. Even Tryndamere posted 2 days ago that practice games weren't down when they clearly were- oh and still are! But if they are indeed aware, then maybe some of that $100,000 should have gone to better servers.

p.s I want my all-random champ stupid build games already! 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。

ReverendSchu

07-17-2010

I bought Xin Zhao as soon as he came out, but still haven't played him because I don't want to play him in a ranked game without knowing what he does, and he's always picked first in normal games. I honestly don't feel like playing until I can get in a few bot stomps.

I'm not all that good either, I've carried a team once or twice, but I'm no superstar. This is a game, and games are there to be fun. Someone please let me know when practice games are back so I can have fun again?

Naggarok

Recruiter

07-17-2010

I need practice games so I can try my epic DPS Allistar build.

profluff

07-17-2010

Attention: Normal games are the new Practice Games.

Practice in Normal. Care in Ranked.

ReverendSchu

07-17-2010

Quote:
profluff:

You seriously underestimate the "**** around" factor in this game, and the number of people for whom it is the primary attraction. I want to have a cho-gath with 7000 hp, or Rammus with over 2000 move speed (I've done it, and it's awesome).

These are things that you just can't do in normal games, and even if you could, would get you reported.

Siing

07-17-2010

Quote:
profluff:

Except I can't gather a group of people willing to play stupid build games in normal... And if I'm the sole person going revive+ghost Yi aiming for the speed of light in a normal match I only get flamed at = not fun.

Practice games now. Or more like, 3 days ago.

edit: You sound like a fun guy to muck about with ReverendSchu. Add me? \(^∀^)メ(^∀^)ノ

Kevinblaze

Recruiter

07-17-2010

patch update #1 You may now play All Random in practice mode
patch update #2 There is no more practice mode

Iseewhatudidthere riot

Devownious

07-17-2010

Nothing officials been posted, I emailed riot and they responded with a stone wall reply. Something about the servers load and they know people liked their solo bot match ip faming and testing games, and if possible, would bring them back.

Normal games are not the new practice games.

Normal games have all human players and human emotions.

Normal games have people yelling at you for going AD Shen or yell at you for failing your qq with janna or whoever.

Practice games were great for a number of reasons, and I do hope they bring them back.

Practice, Normal, and Ranked all have separate definitions and hopefully we can have our cake and eat it too.