Dominin Tier List # 55

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FetisPuncher

10-25-2011

Since everyone and their mom is coming up with tier lists, I decided to knock out one myself. In case if ya were wondering about the #55, I check through the engine and came about 50 or so tier lists.. so yes it's correct, sort of. Also keep in mind this list isn't for the average joe on the scene, but for those that have been dominating Dominion for some time now.

Banned : Tiering for champs that should be banned. (note - this does not account for counter banning; obviously)
Tier 1: Rammus and Kassadin
Tier 2: Shaco, Poppy.
Tier 3: Heimerdinger, Gangplank, Ezreal.

Tier 1 - Not banning Rammus will lead to nodes being hard to capture or near impossible to defend. Same goes with Kassadin, his ability to roam and assassinate is just so much of a game changer; not banning him is almost like setting yourself up for failure.

Tier 2 - Shaco's ability to box up nodes or even choke points, makes capturing and defending difficult; furthermore, Shaco stealth allows him to neutralize nodes rather easily. Poppy's ability to go AP or AD, makes her a rather tough champ to handle, and her ability to dive nodes and defend them, drags out games.

Tier 3 - Heimer's ability to hold a node - is not matched by any other champion; hence, making a Heimer ban always a good choice. GP and Ez globals, and utility to initiate or dodge fights makes handling these champions and the teams they compliment are difficult to handle.

Bottom Lane (Solo): Tiering for Solo laners at the bottom of the map.

Tier 1: Cassiopia, Nasus, and Ryze.
Tier 2: Yorick, Karthus, Heimerdinger, Maokai, Malzahar, and Lee Sin.
Tier 3: Sivir, Tristana, Caitlyn, Irelia, Riven, Singed, Skarner, Teemo, Udyr, Urgot.

Tier 1 - These guys are the best at bot lane, period. They push harder than anyone, and late game they just become way too hard to handle, forcing teams to assist the bottom lane.

Tier 2 - Trying to take bot lane from these guys, is a challenge. They got all the tools to push and defend; also serving the purpose to counter other bot laners.

Tier 3 - The killing power against minions and ability to harass, makes these guys extremely hard to push; same with Tier 2, having the ability to counter other bot laners.

Overall Tier: Tiering champions on their overall ability to assault and defend in Dominion.

Tier 1: Akali, Ezreal, Gangplank, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Kog'maw, Nasus, Nidalee, Nocturne, Pantheon, Poppy, Rammus, Ryze, Shaco, Sion, Sona, Talon, Udyr, Wukong, Yorick.
Tier 2: Alister, Amumu, Anivia, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Cassiopeia, Cho'Gath, Corki, Fizz, Galio, Garen, Gragas, Graves, Heimerdinger, Janna, Jarvan IV, Karma, Karthus, Kayle, Kennen, LeBlanc, Lee Sin, Leona, Lux, Malzahar, Master Yi, Miss Fortune, Olaf, Orianna, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Singed, Shyvana, Skarner, Soraka, Swain, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twitch, Urgot, Vayne, Viktor, Volibear, Warwick, Xerath, Xin Zhao, Zilean.
Tier 3: Brand, Dr.Mundo, Evelynn, Katarina, Malphite, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nunu, Shen, Taric, Trundle, Twisted Fate, Viegar, Vladimir.

Tier 1 - Overall, these champions have a superior kit when it comes to Dominion game play.

Tier 2 - Majority of these champions have the ability to carry or create stability for their teams. Yet, usually require a skill set to justify their existance in gameplay creating that make or break scenario.

Tier 3 - These champs tend to work only in certain situations, and with good team dynamics; it's not to say they are useless, but require a certain fenesse to make the magic happen.

Nephwrack

10-25-2011

guys

GUYS

I had an idea

what if like...

we stopped ****ing spamming tier lists and did something useful, like pondering counters or ANYTHING ELSE?

Alvinheimer

10-25-2011

Not bad, I agree with about 85% of it.

The ones that stick out to me as untrue are:
Morgana being tier 3 and not on the defense tier list.
Nasus being tier 1.
Ezreal being a major ban.

Also, I appreciate the fact that you understand how powerful supports really are.

+1

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Cho'gath or Malzahar not being anywhere in the bot solo list is a joke.

Alvinheimer

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephwrack View Post
guys

GUYS

I had an idea

what if like...

we stopped ****ing spamming tier lists and did something useful, like pondering counters or ANYTHING ELSE?
Ok then. Kassadin counters Ryze and any champ that tries to stealth/backdoor. Discuss.

Nephwrack

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
Ok then. Kassadin counters Ryze and any champ that tries to stealth/backdoor. Discuss.
Characters with mobility in general do well at countering backdoors; so do characters with global ults, especially those with low cooldowns. Ezeal, AP or AD, actually serves a good role at providing DPS in teamfights, great pokes, and still being able to cross-map counter backdoorers.

Speaking of backdoorers, I feel like they've become a fair bit weaker since the release of Dominion - even the Rammus everyone cries about is countered very easily by leaving one person on defense. If they have high natural mobility (say... Kassadin!) they can cover both top and mid, or mid and bot, from Rammus attacks without having to waste summoner spells - and the game is 5v4 in their team's favor as the garbage movespeed Rammus/Eve/whatever can do nothing to anyone.

FetisPuncher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
Not bad, I agree with about 85% of it.

The ones that stick out to me as untrue are:
Morgana being tier 3 and not on the defense tier list.
Nasus being tier 1.
Ezreal being a major ban.

Also, I appreciate the fact that you understand how powerful supports really are.

+1
I think i've personally only seen Morgana in one game that i've played, and like 4 or 5 other times in streams that i watch all day.. She has yet to prove to me, and I would believe many others, she can provide much to the table.

You must Witness Nasus at bottom lane to understand way he is Tier one. He is the best Melee at handling bot, and during late game - especially if he is fed - Nasus is truly too much handle alone with the current meta game in place.

Once you encounter enough Ez's you'll understand why he is one of the most annoying champs to face in Dominion. Built in flash, and ability to poke all day makes people lose their cool rather easily.

Mightyal

10-25-2011

Heimer is so overrated. You've never played against a decent Caitlyn I'm guessing. She destroy heimerdinger bot lane.

FetisPuncher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by underagefemale View Post
Heimer is so overrated. You've never played against a decent Caitlyn I'm guessing. She destroy heimerdinger bot lane.
I would say almost any good long ranger can counter Heimer, quite well. But the Tier list isn't about "how good X champ can counter Heimer turrets".. now is it?

Nephwrack

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by underagefemale View Post
The vast majority of ranged AD characters ravage Heimer bot. Cait is an obvious first mention, but even the "bad" Dom champs like MF still ravage him - they melt his turrets from a safe distance, and many have some way of matching his ranged harass from a distance that immunizes them to his.

Heimer is just awesome against tanky derps idiots who think they can turret dive him when he has Zhonya's, two turrets, and ult ready to go. Given how many of those infest Dom, it's not surprising that he got QQd about for a while.