Problems with botters in late-night Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ace RaZorbladeZ

4 Days Ago

Past two games in a row, my entire team has been silent the entire time, played only free champions, used ghost and heal, only autoattacked, stood perfectly motionless on the capture points, and contributed absolutely nothing throughout the entire game. I'm still fairly new to LoL, so I'm not sure if this is an issue like it is in other MMO's, but am I just encountering bots? Does this explain the countless people in Summoner's Rift who blindly charge mid, feed the enemy champs, and go like 0/20/0?

Behold the Void

4 Days Ago

Yeah, we've been infested for awhile, at the mid MMRs it isn't as noticeable unless you go into the late night queues. Riot is working on it, but has no word as to when any kind of fix will be deployed.

Wax Simulcrum

2 Days Ago

It's horrible in CO-OP vs AI. I use that mode to get my wins of the day if I have a lot of work and it's a pain sometimes to win with 2-4 people on your team basically just running into points and idling.

Something has to be done on Riot's side. I end up reporting 2-3 people every game because they are bots. And now my report value is probably downgraded because I report so much, but there is such a bad infestation of bots.

They can't simply rely on the tribunal for this one. They need to modify whatever algorithm they are using to detect bots, and speed it up. As a human, it's quite easy to spot a bot. They have predictable summoner spells, they buy the same terrible items, they only play free to play champions, they run to a node and idle at it, there is usually a 4-5 second delay between running to a node and capping it so they end up with a lot of suicides to turrets, they never say anything. Those are features just from the top of my head (probably can use more, like where the IPs cluster) that I can name that you can put into some machine learning algorithm and catch almost all of these bots. I'm surprised nobody at Riot has done this yet.