Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot suggesting jungle change: small camps give some mana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

takeeacy

01-13-2012

edited 1-16-12

Since the new jungle patch, AP/mana-reliant junglers have become extremely blue-dependent to keep up with the pace of other junglers. It creates problems such as - being unable to give blue to mid and having your jungle pace slow down dramatically once you lose blue (often have to back after one or two clears of small creeps).

I was thinking - since small camp leaders give a health boost anyways, why not let them give a small mana boost too? I was thinking like 50-150 (less than a blue pot) mana scaling by level of the champion killing it. Basically, I'm thinking about just enough mana to cast one/two more spells. It's a small amount so it wouldn't replace blue or be abused, but it could greatly help solve the mana issues of many characters.

If Riot's aim is to increase the number of viable junglers and jungle paths, I think this would allow even more champions and ways to legitimately go about the jungle. Also, because each jungle camp the big minion should give back mana to anyone (including enemy champs) who kills it, it also makes counterjungling against an AP/mana dependent jungler more interesting

Being an ex-Fiddlesticks and WW jungler - I feel that this would help solve a lot of their mana sustainability issues (and consequently their speed) in the new jungle.

What do you guys think? I'm open to criticisms and suggestions.

IKoDuan

01-13-2012

i like the sound of it

LordSocky

01-13-2012

I like the idea for things like Jungle Karthus, but it unfortunately (or maybe fortunately? depends on your perspective) lessens the impact of blue buff.

Could be a brilliant idea, but it has far reaching impact on the jungle.

Intsikandy

01-13-2012

This can also be abused by fast camp clearers in lane, in that they can clear the camps for mana at little cost.

Aetherion1234567

01-13-2012

I like this idea myself, as AP junglers like Nunu and fiddlesticks need some help in the jungle right now. I think the basic idea is sound, and that all Riot would have to do is test the numbers to see what produces the greatest positive effect without unbalancing the importance of blue, as some have pointed out.

takeeacy

01-14-2012

Quote:
Intsikandy:
This can also be abused by fast camp clearers in lane, in that they can clear the camps for mana at little cost.

I think it would just be the same as an AOE jungler. More viable junglers would be nice than the current god tier of Lee Sin, Skarner, and Udyr.

Criztalmeth

Recruiter

01-14-2012

Energy users say hello

Amazerfulify

01-14-2012

Well, i don't know, i believe that, if jungle camps gives back some mana, it goes to also ask ''why not ennemy champions too?'' i don't know, i feel like it's alright as it is.
But that's just me.

takeeacy

01-16-2012

Quote:
Amazerfulify:
Well, i don't know, i believe that, if jungle camps gives back some mana, it goes to also ask ''why not ennemy champions too?'' i don't know, i feel like it's alright as it is.
But that's just me.

I don't really understand your point; I think that in each jungle camp the big minion should give back mana to anyone (including enemy champs) who kills it - it also makes counterjungling against an AP/mana dependent jungler more important.

Part of my bias is because I played both Fiddlesticks and WW jungle before - both relatively mana intensive junglers. I think that this change would help them out a lot.

takeeacy

02-24-2012

INB4 NEW PATCH!! Sorry for the necro, but I'm super happy for this change (mana being added to the sigil buffs)! It's just what I asked for.

At the same time, if my post had any influence/relationship in the jungle design change, I would totallly appreciate a red post just acknowledging a teeny bit of my credit!

If the idea was thought of via convergent development, then I will just admire Riot from afar haha

I guess my idea wasn't super unique/complicated, so nbd, but yay!