Orianna Is Awesome, Here are some play tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tataku999

01-13-2012

Ok I know Im not the best with her, but I have been playing her for awhile. I know I should let people figure this stuff out on their own, but I thought I should let people know.

First things first, Lane control. Of course start with ball (Q). Then once you have her aoe (W). Send it past minions and auto attack. If someone comes running through your ball pop W and scare them off, just keep auto attacking.

Use your ball like Ahri or Sivir. Here is a neat little trick. with your ball out, if you bring it back, anyone in the way will get hurt. This is something I just figured out. Use this for farming or attacking, careful though once you are out of range, it auto comes back to you and you cant take advantage of this.

This is my favorite, and why I love Orianna so much. I guess this is a little secret not many people know about. How to use shield once you get ult. What you do is shield the tank. when he is close to an enemy, or more than one, pop her ult, now all enemies are right next to your tank, if they have an aoe or stun (maybe fiddles or karthus would be a good combo) they will do a good amount of damage if not kill them. On top of this you can pop your aoe for extra damage. If that doesnt get em, one of your other teammates will

You can also use the ult to get them to a turret. I think its if they are right next to your ball or really close and you pop ult they will be thrown away from it, you can plan this out so they are thrown right under your turret. If done right, they will also be running right to your ball, they pop w

If I think of anything else I will update. If anyone else has any input and tips on how to play Orianna please post.

for a build I would look at this

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/orianna-glados-solo-queue-goddess-113430

gets you some mana regen fast and early. I dont have trouble with hp, so look at either getting mana or save your gold. Also maybe void staff

tataku999

01-22-2012

Im going to bump this for people to look at, don't really care about comments, just info from fellow lol player to lol player

tataku999

03-12-2012

bump.

I thought of something and wanted to add: I think orianna and nunu would be a really fun combo. I havnt tried it so if someone does let me know.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2012

It seems more like Ahri is Oranna Version 2. She got nerfed into oblivion, so currently I cant see much reason to take her over Ahri in the AP mid position.

Ahri has better range with her ball, (880 vs 825)
Slightly better AP ratio with ball, true damage on her ball, and better base damage.

I mean, early game is gonna be mostly about the ball with either champ.

Ahri also has better gank defense and much better mobility and ability to get a kill based on her Ult. Orianna is better in team fights eventually with the disruption of her ult, but overall Ahri just seems to be better.

Orianna might be a decent enough support bottom, but doesn't really thrive in a 0 creep stat meta that is the norm.
Riot seemed to basically abandon Orianna just like Karma.