Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can you queue spells?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serra

10-11-2009

Hey I've been trying out Veigar lately but been frustrated by his spells. I want to cast dark matter directly followed by event horizon but because of lag or casting times or something he usually just casts one and moves to the location instead. Is it a bug? I have noticed one bug though- sometimes the dark matter spell isn't grayed out when it's on cooldown. In any case...is there a way to queue spells so I'm not frantically clicking? That way while he's running up to a fight I can pre-cast both spells and have him put out the combo.

Wicked Zen

10-11-2009

Currently there does not seem to be a way to queue spells. I missed it at first, but I've grown accustomed to the way it is now. With the hotkeys all right next to each other, I think not queuing would be just as fast.

kitfox

10-11-2009

Quote:
Serra:

...is there a way to queue spells so I'm not frantically clicking? That way while he's running up to a fight I can pre-cast both spells and have him put out the combo.

I dont see how this mechanic can work as you word it because when you right click on a target it uses your physical attack (autotattack) and You have to specifically target dark matter and the rest of his spells.

its not really hard to mash E, then W, Q, R and wait till you can Q again in case the EWQR combo did not eliminate your target.

you did however say "frantically clicking". if that implies you are a clicker caster you may find another better use for your left hand and learn the keyboard shortcuts

however for the queuing system i reckon it wont work or they would have to enable it for certain heroes only.
some heroes like janna regardless of how far up the map you click to target her howling gale she will dump the spell at her curent location in direction specified but veigar on other hand will move to a range where he can cast the spell.

anyway learn not to click on spells as keyboard is faster.

Serra

10-12-2009

No I use the keyboard I'm not that awful :P

It's not just about queue-ing before a match....sometimes I hit dark matter quickly followed by event horizon during a battle but, either because of lag or I clicked too fast, it seems the second spell overrides the first. The game thinks I changed my mind when in fact I just wanted to cast both spells in succession.

I'd like to suggest to riot to add spell queue-ing to the game .

BL4zD

10-14-2009

It's already in the game.

You're probably experiencing lag.