Viktor needs work done to him?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

01-16-2012

Maybe I'm not doing something right or missing something, but his laser seems needlessly difficult to direct. I don't think you have nearly enough time to aim it after casting for it to be as effective as it should be.

Natedog351

01-16-2012

He really doesnt need changing imo if they do something to him he will be too strong right now ppl just havent learned all his tricks and how they want to play him build etc...
Im playing @ 1400-1600 elo and right now im successful with him quite a bit getting catalyst or anything like that isnt gonna cut it start boots 3 hp pot get dorans finish boots then augment this should all be done before mid game due to farming well and usually getting a kill thrown in there..
I also will tell you that his teamfighting is where you should shine with him having a aoe slow/stun with an aoe ult also slows its ridiculous when you chain it with some1 like sona malphite amumu etc its just melts their team

ZoiDxT

01-16-2012

I think he's quite powerful actually , with some dorians and other AP items it does great for me, although I am not levels to play ELO games currently.

Natedog351

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoiDxT View Post
I think he's quite powerful actually , with some dorians and other AP items it does great for me, although I am not levels to play ELO games currently.
He is extremely strong with augment deathray a dorans and deathcap you will be over 600 ap usually you can end games with just those items as core if game goes any longer you can easily make it around 800 ap which is quite good

Tyrang

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillpatrick View Post
I agree that the augments are under powered. If you rush the gold to augment them it still only leaves a matter of time before every one else has items that outclass it.

Personally I think an easy fix is to have more than one Tier of upgrades building on to the item giving it a boost mid and late game
And it is expensive for so little benefits too. He needs a buff on that passive (or a rework)

Braddertt

01-16-2012

He's a sustained damage AP caster. His role in a teamfight is to stay alive and pop off as many of his skills as possible while kiting/CCing and enabling kills for more damage oriented members of your team. So building moderate tankyness is recommended to get the most out of him during a teamfight. If the enemy team is fast, get the shield augment for kiting, or get the CC augment. If the enemy is slow and easy to kite at the current state, get the death ray augment. He still does tons of damage regardless if you build him moderately tanky or not, as his base values are fairly high. So building him AP glass cannon/caster is very risky, and not necessarily worth the risk.

Kenbo Calrissian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Augment: gravity and power are just so sub-par in my eyes.
Actually, the only game I've ever won with Viktor was when I built Gravity, but the last time I played him was before his patch. He has a really good AoE slow/stun, and the increased range on that is phenomenal in team fights, especially if you follow it up with his ult. This also leaves you at a good range to continue poking with lasers. Without it, you're forced to get close enough to be singled out.

One thing I've noticed with Viktor... I don't see anybody use his ult effectively. I either see it out of the corner of my eye, or take minimal damage as it sails overhead. Personally, I feel his ult should be used to complement an initiate. Muting the entire enemy team the moment a team fight starts, plus leaving constant damage overhead, tips the scales heavily in your team's favor from the start. Don't even worry about getting kills with the cloud, that thing was built with support/harass in mind and I don't think many people realize it.

IlfirinVelca

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddertt View Post
He's a sustained damage AP caster. His role in a teamfight is to stay alive and pop off as many of his skills as possible while kiting/CCing and enabling kills for more damage oriented members of your team. So building moderate tankyness is recommended to get the most out of him during a teamfight. If the enemy team is fast, get the shield augment for kiting, or get the CC augment. If the enemy is slow and easy to kite at the current state, get the death ray augment. He still does tons of damage regardless if you build him moderately tanky or not, as his base values are fairly high. So building him AP glass cannon/caster is very risky, and not necessarily worth the risk.
I agree with this entirely. That said, I think his gravitational field needs slightly better casting range, with it's passive from the augment doing something else entirely. As I play him now, I can't see putting points into gravitational field until after team fights start. I just level Q->E->Q->E->Q->R->Q etc. Q is the only ability cheap enough to spam, even though I start with Meki Pendant->Chalice, and death ray is his only real damage until he gets 300+ AP, when Power Transfer starts damaging.

IlfirinVelca

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoiDxT View Post
Idk , I feel like viktor isn't all there? Anyone else agree? How exactly is he supposed to be played, support?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1654509

Withoutacause

07-19-2012

Viktor is really god if u use em right. For example, his W can trap a number of champs in a team fight and u can easily finish them with his R or E witch do tremendous dmg. Also his W and his E are great for dominating and controlling ur lane. And finally his Q id a VERY HIGH damage tool to use at any givin monment to sheild urself and deal that damage. The only thing that i would complain about is his passive which isnt that good because it takes up a slot in ur inventory. But that is not that much of a problem because he already does a LOT OF DAMAGE anyways. In short, hes a twitch with almost 3000 hp at the end.