Dominion grew on me!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quren

01-13-2012

It depends how much time I have. I really like dominion, but I'm also used to a much faster game play then most standard Moba players. Any pvp experience I've had before LoL came from MMO's, and FPS shooters. Some SR feels brutally slow, but I still play it with friends.

edit: I'm positive Dominion would be a lot more popular if it had a ranked. A lot of people really do need stats, and a feeling of superiority in order to warrent playing a competitive game.

Bad Luck Braum

01-13-2012

Singed is a God in Dominion

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

The responses in this thread frighten me.

Dom does have a meta, both maps have OP champs, and the Dom crowd isn't any worse than the SR crowd. I'd like to say Dom grew on me, but I always enjoyed the PvP. The hard part was dropping TT. Yeah, I know that we can two maps, but I'm a one map kind of guy.

*slaps CS on the tush*

Nekrogen

01-13-2012

This looks like something right out of GD. Welcome to the shunned side of the forums my friend! Dominion is awesome, but the challenge now is increasing the playerbase... which is hard to do when threads like these are moved to the Dominion forum.

VhakulaKhaulepi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
This looks like something right out of GD. Welcome to the shunned side of the forums my friend! Dominion is awesome, but the challenge now is increasing the playerbase... which is hard to do when threads like these are moved to the Dominion forum.
Aha!

For a couple of minutes, I thought you sucked, then I understood everything. You're saying SR people should see this so that they're more willing to try Dominion. I thought you were saying that this thread wasn't serious enough for us uppity folk. Heh. I attempted to bring in more people recently:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1703064&highlight=here+why+domini on

That's still in GD. Just not sure how well-written or effective it turned out.

EinzigerAI

01-13-2012

<3 Dom. Like I've said if you give it at least 20 games you'll come to love Dom as the rest of us do.

Ascleph

01-13-2012

How to spot a thread moved from the GD:
Retarded replies in the first or so pages
Complete ignorance about dominion
Names you've never seen around
"Akali/trynd/GP/jax/tankydpsomgomgomg OP"
etc

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
etc
Now I know! I was totally dumbfounded throughout the first page. lol

FDru

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
etc
It's so true.

Sad... but true.

Ensign

01-13-2012

It always gets me when I queue up with friends from SR for Dominion, good players, and they get absolutely rolled. Knowing when to push and when to defend, or even how to fight; it's quite a bit different on Dominion than on SR.

There are definitely skills you need to learn to be successful on Dominion, skills I'm still learning; and I suspect a huge, huge part of the 'Dominion takes no skill!' is really 'my skills from SR don't translate directly here and I don't understand what I'm doing!'