Why they joined the league

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehpersuns

12-25-2012

The lore department in riot recently decided that stating the exact reason why a champion joined the league seemed sort of forced and took focus away from who they are. I disagree. People rarely join the league for ***** and giggles. Their reason is often a huge part of their core. An example is Corki. Imagine his lore without stating he was a great friend of Heimer, it would just feel like an emotionless list of why he's a bad ass. Morgana's reasons show the extremes she's willing to go to destroy her sister, and just how much she hates her. Hell, Orianna's lore is inseprable from her reason for joining it. I look at the new lores, and I just can't feel for most of the new champions. There lore seems more about the events surrounding them, and less how they feel about them.

Thoughts? Opinions? Over used LoL memes?

Cryptid V

12-26-2012

I agree. Lack of Gold lore has been disturbing.

Saxy Beats

12-26-2012

This is exactly how I've felt for a very long time. Every new champion, I read through the lore and find myself wondering "that's cool I guess, but why the hell are they here?"

I feel that the reason for joining, or being forced to fight in the league as a prisoner as some cases have it, give a large portion of depth to the champions. Without any mention of that, they seem to exist mostly in a vacuum, which makes the world seem bland and one-dimensional.

sepetaiya

12-27-2012

Varus is not evil. learn your lore please.

Tehpersuns

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
Varus is not evil. learn your lore please.
I don't think anyone brought up Varus. Did mean to comment on another thread?

Blaine Tog

12-27-2012

I find it centering to know why a given champion joined the League. It's nice being able to orient my thought process around their purpose while playing them. Riven wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun to play without her Judgement. I enjoy Elise, but I find it more difficult to relate to her than Lux solely because the extra Lore we have for Lux makes her more "real." Two paragraphs and some in-game lines aren't enough to get to know a character.

Minds

12-28-2012

I totally agree with them adding why they joined the league in every lore, Or something apart from it, Corki's story about why he joined the league got to me in a way, or Wukong. it shows how he is a great fighter and that he wants to find a lot of opponents in his path, it really adds a feel to their characteristics...

I agree that their cause should be added. I might even make a forum post with a poll asking how many people like it, and Why...

Minds

12-28-2012

Hey Guys! Remember me? xD

Alright I have created the forum post and I want everyone who is reading this to go check it out:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2950483

Thanks!