Solo Queue is Broken

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pickle4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

So basically ranked games are a complete joke if you play by yourself. You can play flawlessly, get kills, outfarm your opponents, call mias, call and do dragons, but none of it really matters if you have one or more terrible players. They feed their lanes and are too dumb or stubborn to listen to your advice and hug their turret and just farm. No, they would much rather overextend and play aggressively causing them to miss out on cs and then get ganked by the jungler even if they show up on a ward that I placed for them as the AD carry bot. I have just started playing ranked games and so I am sure that it will get easier in the higher elo brackets, but my question is how am I supposed to get there if I continue to get these "uncarryables" on my team. So far it seems to be luck of the draw on whether my teammates are half decent or complete trash. If they are relatively competent than it is not too difficult to win. On top of this people do not even know how to make a proper team; earlier today we had two people (the last picks) who were not talking in champ select, so the first 3 of us picked what we were best at. When it came time for the last 2 to pick we said okay we need a support and an ap carry mid. Of course the first picks poppy and says "I don't know how to support, deal with it" and then the second picks fiddle. Honestly it is not very hard to support, at least at a half decent level, and it can be done with a very large variety of champs even if they are slightly oddball, such as poppy. That being said, this poppy wanted to attempt to carry and in turn take the cs which should be going to me, the ad carry. Now to fiddle. I know that we all had fun with our fiddle in the middle, but since no one else on our team was ap it is not very good to have to rely on fiddle for your only magic damage. Why do people refuse to speak up or pick good champs for team comps, and how am I expected to do anything with a completely useless team? So far the only advice that I have been given is to duo queue. This is a poor suggestion because sometimes I want to play with myself, but this is beginning to seem impossible with the amount of uncarryable players at the beginning elo bracket. I am not trying to criticize players here, but just get an understanding of why they refuse to listen to good advice. I have been watching pro streams for quite some time now, and while I do not consider myself a pro based off of that, I have gained some knowledge of how the game is played. When I try to share this with my teammates however, they take it completely the wrong way and completely ignore it or begin to troll. The other problem with duo queue is that sometimes even with me and a friend playing the ad and ap carries, it is still sometimes impossible to win. If people could just play it safe and farm then it would be much easier to carry them. Of course I do not want them to play like pussies unless they are being completely dominated. Just play it safe and coordinate with the jungler or others for ganks. On top of this watch the other players movements and ward your lane so that you do not get ganked. It seems so simple to play the game well and yet so many players refuse to do so. What can I do to get up in the ranks and, hopefully, find myself matched with and against competent players?

Sorry for my rant =/
~Pickle

Tubutas

01-13-2012

I was in a game last week where that 8/10 players thought that having a jungler was a bad thing. I feel elo hell is definetly a thing in solo-que.

newbin

01-13-2012

Most of us go though this it's called elo hell welcome to the party. I'm sorry to say you have to tough it out. YOU need to learn a 2 good AP, 2 AD carries, a support, and a jungler. then play at 110% to make up for the bad players to get out.Comunication is really important. I'm currently using Sona, graves, and brand to get out. I was 925 2 weeks ago i'm now 1027 and I only play a game or 2 a day with 13 points per win or lose. I'm slowly going up in rank.

My advice is sometimes you must adapt to the team composition if they will not.Communicate with your team during picking. DO NOT BE NEGATIVE it just makes things worse! ask them if they want to switch if it is possible constructive criticizem is key . Take the lead help them out give advice and wards wards wards. I personally use support heroes to make up for any skill problem from my team. I use to be at a 50% win ratio now that I change my attitude and play style to compensate for trolls and noobs I'm at 80% for the last week.

A few key strategies I use.

Turtle a old term. Your team stay close the your base so they don't get picked off and try to win a team fight so you can push safely.

Ambushes. Ff a few of you can get across the river and pick off a carry who is pushing to far out alone and get back safely do a team push they will not have the damage to stop you. I have won many games and lost alot because of this happening.

It and run. I don't thing this requires explaining.

Kills don't win games really it's team fights and pushing. A ace in a team fight turns the tables very fast.

Protect your carries at all most all costs and if your the carry stay in position and stay alive YOUR USELESS DEAD.

Positioning is very important if your team is in a bad position to start a fight team is scarred, carries are exposed etc. then call back.

AND for the love of god if your a carry it is a must to get a defensive item or 2 even if it is just hp. Your useless dead and you will be if you can't take a few hits because they will try to do just that.

Grimmhammer

01-13-2012

This is a true story... The thing that makes a ranked team is a shot caller... Not a bossy ***** or anything like that but someone able to coordinate a team or at least get people thinking strategy. It wont always work... And you will always have that guy who "knows better than you do" but if your as good as you say you are and your strategy is solid then share it with nubs. They need to learn how to play and it is our jobs as experienced players to teach.

UbberTengen

01-13-2012

-"I have been watching pro streams for quite some time now, and while I do not consider myself a pro based off of that, I have gained some knowledge of how the game is played. When I try to share this with my teammates however, they take it completely the wrong way and completely ignore it or begin to troll"

-People only wants to play carry, they cant play other roles.

VideoGameDunky

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle4 View Post
So basically ranked games are a complete joke if you play by yourself. You can play flawlessly, get kills, outfarm your opponents, call mias, call and do dragons, but none of it really matters if you have one or more terrible players. They feed their lanes and are too dumb or stubborn to listen to your advice and hug their turret and just farm. No, they would much rather overextend and play aggressively causing them to miss out on cs and then get ganked by the jungler even if they show up on a ward that I placed for them as the AD carry bot. I have just started playing ranked games and so I am sure that it will get easier in the higher elo brackets, but my question is how am I supposed to get there if I continue to get these "uncarryables" on my team. So far it seems to be luck of the draw on whether my teammates are half decent or complete trash. If they are relatively competent than it is not too difficult to win. On top of this people do not even know how to make a proper team; earlier today we had two people (the last picks) who were not talking in champ select, so the first 3 of us picked what we were best at. When it came time for the last 2 to pick we said okay we need a support and an ap carry mid. Of course the first picks poppy and says "I don't know how to support, deal with it" and then the second picks fiddle. Honestly it is not very hard to support, at least at a half decent level, and it can be done with a very large variety of champs even if they are slightly oddball, such as poppy. That being said, this poppy wanted to attempt to carry and in turn take the cs which should be going to me, the ad carry. Now to fiddle. I know that we all had fun with our fiddle in the middle, but since no one else on our team was ap it is not very good to have to rely on fiddle for your only magic damage. Why do people refuse to speak up or pick good champs for team comps, and how am I expected to do anything with a completely useless team? So far the only advice that I have been given is to duo queue. This is a poor suggestion because sometimes I want to play with myself, but this is beginning to seem impossible with the amount of uncarryable players at the beginning elo bracket. I am not trying to criticize players here, but just get an understanding of why they refuse to listen to good advice. I have been watching pro streams for quite some time now, and while I do not consider myself a pro based off of that, I have gained some knowledge of how the game is played. When I try to share this with my teammates however, they take it completely the wrong way and completely ignore it or begin to troll. The other problem with duo queue is that sometimes even with me and a friend playing the ad and ap carries, it is still sometimes impossible to win. If people could just play it safe and farm then it would be much easier to carry them. Of course I do not want them to play like pussies unless they are being completely dominated. Just play it safe and coordinate with the jungler or others for ganks. On top of this watch the other players movements and ward your lane so that you do not get ganked. It seems so simple to play the game well and yet so many players refuse to do so. What can I do to get up in the ranks and, hopefully, find myself matched with and against competent players?

Sorry for my rant =/
~Pickle
nope chuck testa

Bonzamongu

01-13-2012

I think there need to be standards met before entering a ranked Q. First, I think you should have 15 wins IN A ROW in normal, solo Q (done it several times not hard). Second, you should have to have won 15 draft pick games where your score is #/4>0/# and your combined kills and assists are a minimum of 10.

What do you all think? I think that is a very modest and easy request.

Volvagia oot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzamongu View Post
I think there need to be standards met before entering a ranked Q. First, I think you should have 15 wins IN A ROW in normal, solo Q (done it several times not hard). Second, you should have to have won 15 draft pick games where your score is #/4>0/# and your combined kills and assists are a minimum of 10.

That would not work, because you get trolls in normal games as well, almost more than in ranked. getting 15 wins would become a huge problem with trolls losing on purpose just so you can't play ranked.

SavageWolves

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzamongu View Post

First, you already posted a thread about this on this forum.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1703155

Second, as has been said, it is very difficult to win 15 games in a row in solo que given the random leavers and the like.

And Pickle, there are a few things you can do to attempt to avoid losses:
First:

List of roles w/ most impact (made by someone else; I agree w/ it):
1. AD carry bot
2. AP carry mid
3. Jungler
4. Solo top
5. Support

If you want to have a significant impact throughout the entire game, try to get one of the top three roles.

Second, if you play with someone good (either on your team or the other), invite them to duo with you and possibly add them.

And of course, communication and encouragement help other players. And a psychological thing: If you're doing well, people will follow you and your map judgments. Try to be a leader who leads from the front. People won't listen if you're sucking.

Cheers
-Savage

pickle4

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
First, you already posted a thread about this on this forum.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1703155

Second, as has been said, it is very difficult to win 15 games in a row in solo que given the random leavers and the like.

And Pickle, there are a few things you can do to attempt to avoid losses:
First:

List of roles w/ most impact (made by someone else; I agree w/ it):
1. AD carry bot
2. AP carry mid
3. Jungler
4. Solo top
5. Support

If you want to have a significant impact throughout the entire game, try to get one of the top three roles.

Second, if you play with someone good (either on your team or the other), invite them to duo with you and possibly add them.

And of course, communication and encouragement help other players. And a psychological thing: If you're doing well, people will follow you and your map judgments. Try to be a leader who leads from the front. People won't listen if you're sucking.

Cheers
-Savage
Yeah I guess I will just try to invite players that do well and then play a couple games with them. I main AD carry and so most of the time my teammates let me have it. The only problem is that I play relatively passively and wait for the other team to get impatient and make mistakes. Because of this I do not always get that many kills early, but I always outfarm and win my lane. Unfortunately many players only look at kills to see if a player is good, so if I only get like one kill early then my team accuses me of not winning my lane even though I am denying the player. This causes them to not want to listen to my advice and if I try to defend my position then they just begin to rage and that is not good for anything so I just avoid that.