AP kog'maw is much better than AD kog'maw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourDadSuddenly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Both q and e have good ratio and base damage. Why people always think kog'maw is better AD?

LordZetsuei

01-12-2012

AP Kog'Maw requires a really good babysitter in lane capable of covering your butt while you're doing your best to get farmed to unholiness. Then you have to pray to GOD that the enemy doesn't build a single anti-magic item. AP Kog falls apart with any decent mag-res. Also, although Q and E have nice ratios, Kog is a strange balance between sustain and burst that is really hard to play.

Also, AD Kog'Maw isn't just AD Kog'Maw. He's a hybrid. Build him with AD based items and the enemy will tank against AD, however, the 6% from W says "Nope, I'm still the boss".

Kenshin Akira

01-12-2012

The problem I see about AP Kogmaw can't burn through magic resist too easily, and his Q range is **** even with a good ratio. To put it nicely: If you're in range to Q someone, you're probably right about to die.

Waschbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

I <3 ap kog but you need a really good team and if the enemys flash into your face + stun you're dead because you're building glasscanon.

Quote:
AP Kogmaw can't burn through magic resist
-> Voidstaff and problem solved xD

The problem I see about is that he is mana hungry... he needs all the time a blue buff. but if he has bluebuff the enemy team is gonna die

Pandora531

01-13-2012

i think ad is much better than ap imo cuz ad has high attack speed, powerfull damage and lots of critical strikes ,but ap kog maw has more magic damage but he has slow attack speed so ap vs ad is oviously ad kog maw. and i have tried both so i think ad is more fun too imo

pedrogbs

01-13-2012

ap kog is fun and annoying, is mana hungry but blue buff helps a lot... with it the other team cant even protec towers...

but ad kog can carry, ap cant

PkerHide

01-13-2012

Both are good.

cerealsmok3r

01-13-2012

its either you play AP and learn to snipe or go AS with madreds malady and nashors tooth etc

EnglshGentleman

01-13-2012

Mana shouldn't really be an issue if you farm well mid. I usually rush tear of goddess if my lane is not too hectic and can easily have it by level 6.

AP cog-maw can still very easily carry a game since once you get decent items, you are never going to run out of mana, and you are just going to be hitting them with 400 dmg r's constantly. If they come close to you, all you need to do is e and then w. I never use my q.

demonicmonkeys

01-13-2012

Ehh... I dunno, it just feels like his sustained and/or burst dmg with ap is not that hot and has low range, while his AS/onhit style means that he can dish out tons of damage really fast, and continue to do so. Plus, the whole point of kogmaw is to carry, and AP kogmaw just can't carry.