LoL > WoW

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

U2Q CuteJenny

01-12-2012

They are both great games and it's an impressive milestone for Riot. it's really hard to put the two games in the same category. MMO isn't really a defining trait, almost all games now are MMOs. The game play and the atmosphere of the games have nothing in common.

TheHumanAbstract

01-12-2012

and theres more people on LoL and theres still 1000000000000000000000000000000000x times more bugs then WoW gg forum trolls.

Warpsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

MMO is really.. general. It doesn't really mean anything.

Massive? As compared to big or large? LMO? Multiplayer? Self explanatory. Online? Again, self explanatory

So adding MMO to MOBA isn't really.. anything. You can say MMODOTA, if you wanted. The main difference is RPG and MOBA. If you say they are comparable then you can bring in FPS. It's still apples and oranges.

It should just be "largest game"

SaltyChair

01-12-2012

LoL > WoW

/thread

DrewRoid

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoka View Post
As much as I think it's cool that LoL has more players and is better than WoW...this is a great point.
However, I don't think any game has ever surpassed the popularity of WoW. Free or not. So I think the OP is right in celebrating.

DuckOfOregon

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchXBanister View Post
Not even the same genre?

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena vs Massively Multiplayer Online (RPG is usually the rest of that acronym)

This is ten people, not massively multiplayer.
its just for most played online game..

Mar The Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naex View Post
Wow shot themselves in the foot.
If you play the demo,trial, and decide hey i want to play this you have to buy:
Normal/classic
Bc
Wotlk
Cata
Monthly sub

It discourges new players joining. The intent was to discourage old players quitting, because if you forget your info you are boned. Didnt quite work there.
Btw, How many accounts do you have on Lol?inflated numbers.
Actually at first you only need to buy classic and subscription and you can still do a lot of stuff with just that. You only need to start buying the others if you want the additional races/class/areas.

Mar The Dragon

01-12-2012

“And that’s not all! LoL [which, for the record, is a terrible acronym] boasts peak concurrent user numbers of 1.3 million, dwarfing the record-setting 280,000 concurrent users Skyrim attracted on Steam." (off of the article)

LoL=free
Skyrim=atleast $60

Not all Skyrim users are connected to Steam either, and I don't think console players can connect at all. Very bad comparison. Regardless, Skryim still beat out every other offline game.

GodEmperorLetoII

01-12-2012

I was so hoping this would be a silly thread about why LoL is a better game than WoW and I coulda been like "Apples > oranges" but now I see.

Mar The Dragon

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
"Apples > oranges"
Not according to Gangplank