New Color Palettes Available for Colorblind Players!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeoul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2012

Yea definitely switching to this

Wikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

I've tested positive for colorblindness on every test I've ever taken but I must be some strange type because I've never noticed it affect me in everyday life. I have no problem telling the difference between the friendly and enemy health bars for some reason.

This is huge for everyone that does have a problem, though. And this is just further evidence that Riot knows the right way to run their business.

GiveMeFreeBeer

01-13-2012

Wow this helps alot! I am colorblind with certain shades of colours, so hopefully this can help me see alot clear vs straining or not even noticing something. +1 for sure

Silent Within

01-13-2012

Looks pretty neat, going to try the new colors out for just the hell of it. Even though i'm not colorblind.

Kolos1001

01-13-2012

really glad this is being implemented.

afroj92

01-13-2012

No lie this is one of the coolest things i have ever seen and it just goes to show how great and caring of a company Riot is to there many loyal fans.

minimonsterll

Recruiter

01-13-2012

Thank you so much riot

Warroth

Recruiter

01-13-2012

I am color blind, thank you SO much riot. SOOOOO MUCH.

Gobbles

01-13-2012

Thank you... OMG been waiting for this forever. In group battles especially, it's just a wash and I can't tell who is who.

Toroftw

01-13-2012

Being chromatically colorblind and having been playinig games for umpteen years, colorblind modes are interesting to see evolve.

I remember Ultima tried it, and it only changed your character... that made it okay to solo, but other than that... not so hot.

Everquest had one, and it only changed the way that the items showed up in your inventory.

WoW, like Everquest, only wrote out "epic" and "uncommon" when you mousover the item on your character/in your inventory. I remember reading something a ways back that they were going to implement a colorblind mode that effects gameplay, but I've yet to see that...

This is one of the first steps I've seen to show both enemy and ally gameplay effects change with activation of "colorblind" mode, with possibly the first being WoW stating what they were doing, but I've yet to see it in-game.

Seeing only shades of grey, only drastic effects count, which is basically what I see with the blue, dark, and yellow, light, used from RIOT, here, so thank you, in advance, for doing something to actually help me play this game.

The only thing I can add, or hope that you do, change the healthbars... the colors you use are the same to me, and probably others... if the friendly one was darker, and the enemy one lighter, it'd make the world of difference. It makes it quite hard to tell the difference from a toon wiht the same skin being enemy or friend, when 2 are on the map.

Anywho, thanks for the steps you've taken, thusfar.