Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Update 1.12.12 4:45PM PST

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firestorme

Recruiter

01-12-2012

Quote:
BH Immortalis:
Some of us value privacy. It ties into the "sometimes I just wanna solo queue" reasoning; as nice as friends are, they can be annoying at times, especially if they're not even IRL friends.

Also, you NEED to implement a "appear offline" mode for PVP.net. Why?

*logs in*
Random: YO BRO, BROMADE. BROMADE NOW LETS GO.
Random 2: Hey wanna do Dominion?
*queues for a game*
Random:
Random 2:
Random 3:
Random 4:

This. I actually ended up just deleting all of my "friends" because of this.

911toast

01-12-2012

FINALLY something to do

BH Immortalis

01-13-2012

Quote:
Firestorme:
This. I actually ended up just deleting all of my "friends" because of this.

Yeah I'm the same way, if you're not an IRL friend/really good at the game, chances are if you annoy me at all I quickly and quietly delete you.

This game REALLY needs an appear offline option, and you could have it so it only applied to certain groups of friends. I'd have it so my ranked team and IRL friends and players I just really enjoy playing with could always see when I'm online but people I added after a game three months ago can't see me unless I wish to be seen, something along the lines of-

Check a group's box to appear offline to summoners in that group
[] Team
[] Bros
[X] Randoms

WhiteVoidDragon

01-13-2012

shouldve left the tabi, vlad, and item changes, also shoudlve had new jax

Moiser

01-13-2012

Quote:
Rayven:
In what cases would you not want your friends to be able to spectate your games?

When the amount of observers results in massive lag.
I can see this being a problem for popular streamers with 1000 buddys.

Nojito

01-13-2012

Quote:
TheMaser:
When the amount of observers results in massive lag.
I can see this being a problem for popular streamers with 1000 buddys.

spectators don't lag the game. They connect to a server separate from the game server.

IIRC

SaltyMouthfuls

01-13-2012

would enjoy the see-through chat ui back, the live version is such a downgrade

AlistarCanBePro

01-13-2012

Quote:
Lokito1991:
Actually it happened on December 22nd which was my last played game. It was restored on January 10th.

It was restored on the 9th

ShadowKail

01-17-2012

Question, concern. I know there are lots of problems with trolls and afkers quitters whatever on regular games and time. Is there a harsher punishment for these people on the Beta for testing?? I just think it should be much more harshly punished less tolerated. It isn't their main account obviously so 1 or 2 offenses should be enough to just boot them off beta.
just a thought.

KuranArialenne

01-22-2012

Quote:
ShadowKail:
Question, concern. I know there are lots of problems with trolls and afkers quitters whatever on regular games and time. Is there a harsher punishment for these people on the Beta for testing?? I just think it should be much more harshly punished less tolerated. It isn't their main account obviously so 1 or 2 offenses should be enough to just boot them off beta.
just a thought.

While that may be true sometimes you just DC because of bad internet, power outages, really bad lag. If you got banned because you just had crappy internet that day you'd be mad. While I would love to see Riot smite all trolls ever or limit trolls to playing together/bot games only. Not everyone trolls all the time and not everyone leaves on purpose.