Most underrated champion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yellow Monkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2010

I'll just put Udyr as a suggestion. People think him as weak, but in the right hands, he's one of the best/most fun to play.

Oey

07-17-2010

Udyr isn't underrated i think... he is in my opinion a top tier champion.

Kaolla

07-17-2010

gragas

Kinney

07-17-2010

Nasus is pretty rare, but is an absolute monster if built correctly.

Celerity

07-17-2010

Corki and Kennen are both quite underrated, I think. Corki moreso.

I could add Zilean to the list if you want support champs.

Grafic

07-17-2010

Every champion has carry potential
Even eve if played right.

When you say underrated.
I'm assuming you are saying champion that should be played more in the ranked and high elo games
Not just a straight up bad champion
Even then I feel like the game is fin reaching that balanced point

I'll give you one overrated champion and some underrated champions

Trist is an overrated champion
I just find her skills and her playstyle don't have that much synergy
I can go into this long explanation
but in short
But her W ability rocket jump
and her squishyness to for being considered a range dps is counter intuitive

I feel Anivia and Morgana are pretty underused right now
I've been seeing a few more here and there but they are def underused and are great great champs

Kinney

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafic View Post
But her W ability rocket jump
and her squishyness to for being considered a range dps is counter intuitive
You're not playing Tristana correctly. Rocket Jump should be used to finish off fleeing targets, to escape, or to initiate a gank. NEVER Rocket Jump into a teamfight.

Anivia and Corki aren't underrated - most people recognize that they're pretty powerful in the right hands, but few actually try them because they have the reputation of being difficult to play (to say nothing of the fact that nobody seems to agree on how to build Corki).

Wunderbar

07-17-2010

Yeah, I got Corki for free sometime after I made my account (don't know what happened there) and I can tell you right now that he's definitely one of the most underused champions in the game, by far. I pretty much never see people playing him. Ever. I see Ezreal all over the place (who costs just as much), but I pretty much never see Corki. Don't see why though. He's not terribly difficult to use and he's very effective. Same with Anivia. I hardly ever see Anivias.... and most of the ones I do aren't that great...

I don't see how Ezreal is any easier of a choice though (same price range I mean). All of his skills are skillshots and now that most people build him AD he's harder to use than ever. Your only powerful skillshot now hits everything, creeps included. They've really kinda killed him... but I digress.

Point being here I don't think you're looking for underrated, but rather underused. How a hero is rated is completely debatable, whereas it's actually pretty easy to get statistics for how much a hero is used.
http://www.lolbase.net/champions

I don't actually contribute to lolbase much myself, but I think that gives us some idea. If you'll notice, I think a majority of tanks and off-tanks are at the bottom of the list.

But anyway, if you'll look at the very bottom you'll see Corki. Therefore, I'd definitely see Corki as underplayed/underrated. One of the two.

But anyway, we might as well look at playstyles, too, because it's kind of cute...

Rules:
1. No one likes playing tanks.
2. No one really likes playing supports, either.
3. Everyone loves to use DPS/carry champions.
4. If your champion costs 6300, unless it's Ezreal/Blitzcrank/Malhazar, it's not going to be played much.

... but I think we could all tell that from solo normal game queue, right?

Aside from the strange appearance of Corki down bottom, you'll see a bunch of things that are rather expected.

Kind of surprised at how low Gangplank is, though...

QuikDraw McGraw

07-17-2010

Why don't U Noobs just Take UR fingers N shove em where the Sun Don't Shine?

Bruce Swain

07-17-2010

^ U mad son. He asked for help not a ****** bag.