Crit mastery (4%) needs to be removed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

After reading these 11 pages, even though the premise behind this thread is the problems with 4% crit, it's mostly people are complaining about GP parley crits. All the examples in this thread are, 'gp crits you twice with parley and you lose the lane or gp crits you 9 times with parley' (lol) and kills you, etc.

Listen carefully, because I'm going to tell you a secret. Most GP players have way more than 4% crit at the start and that's why you are noticing it so often. If all these GP players were actually running with only 4%, then for one they're doing it wrong and you should easily win your lane and two, you wouldn't be making these posts because it would happen so infrequently that people wouldn't bother with it.

The few legitimate examples here are like when Nocturne ganked at level 5 and got a lucky 4% crit for 400+ damage. However, we don't see threads pop up complaining about Nocturne's 4% lucky crit do we? No, it's always about parley and that string of 4% lucky crits. NEWS FLASH, it's not 4% but likely 15-20%+ and as many in this very thread have pointed out, for those GP players to get that much crit, they had to sacrifice something in return.

You aren't losing your lane to 4%. It contributes, but that's not the reason. You're losing the lane because the GP player runed for crit as well as took the masteries for it and maybe even started with a brawlers, and is critting you 20%+ of the time, not 4%. You lost the lane because that GP player decided to gamble and won. Just as many players take that same gamble and lose because they sacrificed other viable runes to make it happen and when it doesn't, they're at a severe disadvantage.

This isn't just common sense, it's simple mathematics. If you're absolutely sure that the GP player only has 4% crit, then you have the advantage because he's an idiot, in which case if you lose the lane you deserved it. Only a 4% chance to double damage on a parley isn't all that threatening and you have the same chance (if you took the mastery) of doing the same to him with your counter harass attacks.

Ultimately, regardless of how much % they have, if you lost your lane because of a crit, you were outplayed. Why? Because you didn't take his crit into consideration when it happened, which resulted in you either dying or having to b. People saying that countering crit by building armor gimps your damage, but they fail to mention that it also gimps his. If it allows you to take the hits and as a result, lets you farm, then it's not so gimped, not to mention it's also reducing his non crit damage making it win/win. Building and runing/specing survivability and therefore countering =! gimping yourself. Stop being bad.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmblodded20 View Post
1 and 10

between levels 1 and 2? extremely rare, about 1 in 100 games
The 1 and 10 part was a joke. How late in the game does it have to be before the 4% crit isn't an issue anymore? I thought the whole issue was early crits.

Also, you have to remember that you can't look at the whole bulk of attack sequences, because critting off of random harass isn't going to result in a kill. If GP parrrley's you twice, critting both times, and dropping you to half, but you aren't committed, that's just a pot or two. Ignorable. What you really need to do is calculate how frequently it will happen during a committed encounter. Those last how long? 5-10 attack sequences? How frequently will a double crit happen in one of those?

TwistWrist

01-12-2012

1. Complain about early game crit.

2. Solution is to remove 4% of it.

3. Ignores all the other sources of crit at level 1.

:/

Unicorn Giggles1

01-12-2012

It's all in the cards

AriesMajor

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rirakkuma View Post
Don't worry guys, armor counters it.

Too bad you don't get much armor at level 1 and you gimp your damage trying to counter.
You can rune for armor and get the same effect, I've tried coaching noobs into how to counter a stove, and no matter what you tell people, they still think you should get mana regen per level blues on your ranged carry bot instead of mr or armor yellows. This community wont last if we keep letting people stay....stupid for lack of a better word, but you cant tell these people anything because theyre always right. If they died from a crit because they only had 100 hp left in lane and they decided not to go back, in their minds they're right. If you get facerolled by a tryndamere and nobody on your team builds a single ounce of armor the person that gets facerolled is right and trynd becomes op.

I've given up on trying to help here, nobody listens unless you're hotshotgg, problem is...the people you play against on an everyday basis are not on hotshotgg's level...so when you have the skill of a pebble and try to paint yourself gold then wonder why the **** fails you have no one to blame but yourself because you're not gold, youre a pebble.

I thought master yi was op when I was summoner level 10....year later I never wanna see that scrub on my team ever!
Same applies to this crit issue, a noob will jump up and down about it because they're stubborn they won't change their ways, they won't change their build pattern, they won't change their runes, and they don't listen to their teammates. I will let stupid stay stupid but on this one occasion I'll throw you a bone because its obvious you're lacking. Buy some armor runes or armor per level, rush a wriggles and stop being bad.