Ashe Not As Popular Anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oey

07-17-2010

yea... Ez and Ashe's ulti is proably the most satisfying ulti if you manage a hit (better yet a kill) from cross the map rofl...

Ashe can do this easier by using hawk then predict where as Ez, you pretty much have to blind guess or if you have clairvoyance.

Di O Bolic

07-17-2010

I still play Ashe every now and again for a change of pace, but I certainly won't pick her for a serious match anymore. Since her most recent nurf she's become very underpowered and is an easy gank for nearly every Champion who has skills that allow them to close a distance quickly.

Ashe's range got a major nurf, especially her Volley attack, which leaves her well within EVERY Champion's ranged abilities. Consider this... Cho'Gath's Viral Scream (I think that's what it's called) has a further range than your ranged attacks. Akali, Katarina, and Xin can use their "flash" skill to close the distance on you and since they nurfed Cleanse also you have no escape mechanism and will be dead in about 1-2 seconds.

Oh you say you can fire your Ultimate and escape when those champs fly in on you? It'll stop them for less than 1 second because of the close range reduced stun time.....it basically saves you from one hit from them and then they are on you again.

I can still play Ashe and have a fun and successful match, but it's no longer as much fun as it was before the nurf and considering you very rarely saw OP Ashe's running around smoking everyone on the map, like you do with Yi, Akali, Morde, Xin, Shaco, etc. I really don't see why the nurf even happened. Since the nurf I haven't seen an Ashe in any match even be an issue and I smile whenever I see her on the opposing team.....free exp and gold for me.

Ashe was a long range DPS Champion that is now a medium ranged DPS Champion that is only moderately effective in her role.

Kinney

07-17-2010

The only reason Ashe is less played is because drafting means you can only have one Ashe per game instead of two.

SPAVVN

07-17-2010

It's good hero, easy to play... EVERY hero is AWESOME if you know how to play with it. LoL is very balanced (even more than DotA)

Princess Rinoa

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di O Bolic View Post
I still play Ashe every now and again for a change of pace, but I certainly won't pick her for a serious match anymore. Since her most recent nurf she's become very underpowered and is an easy gank for nearly every Champion who has skills that allow them to close a distance quickly.

Ashe's range got a major nurf, especially her Volley attack, which leaves her well within EVERY Champion's ranged abilities. Consider this... Cho'Gath's Viral Scream (I think that's what it's called) has a further range than your ranged attacks. Akali, Katarina, and Xin can use their "flash" skill to close the distance on you and since they nurfed Cleanse also you have no escape mechanism and will be dead in about 1-2 seconds.

Oh you say you can fire your Ultimate and escape when those champs fly in on you? It'll stop them for less than 1 second because of the close range reduced stun time.....it basically saves you from one hit from them and then they are on you again.

I can still play Ashe and have a fun and successful match, but it's no longer as much fun as it was before the nurf and considering you very rarely saw OP Ashe's running around smoking everyone on the map, like you do with Yi, Akali, Morde, Xin, Shaco, etc. I really don't see why the nurf even happened. Since the nurf I haven't seen an Ashe in any match even be an issue and I smile whenever I see her on the opposing team.....free exp and gold for me.

Ashe was a long range DPS Champion that is now a medium ranged DPS Champion that is only moderately effective in her role.
I agree with this.

And nerf is spelled nerf... D:

Kinney

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Rinoa View Post
I agree with this.

And nerf is spelled nerf... D:
Ashe is still arguably better than most solo mid carries due to her utility, though, despite the nerfs. With a global stun, a slow, and a reveal, she brings more to the table than any other carry save Twisted Fate, and pays much less of a price for it than he does.

Oey

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAVVN View Post
It's good hero, easy to play... EVERY hero is AWESOME if you know how to play with it. LoL is very balanced (even more than DotA)
LOL is hardly balanced... I dont' even understand why there are heroes that has all the following:

1. High Hp
2. High Damage
3. Disrupt Abilility

So basically a tankish carry with disrupt? that's the first step to broken balance. When you have 3 or 5 of these hero on a team, how you beat it? lol.

poornewb

07-17-2010

ashe only works on certain team comps, having her nerfed due to QQ on the forums doesnt help either

everyone on the forums just hates her, every time they get slowed by volley it makes them rage, even though it does like no damage

Di O Bolic

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
Ashe is still arguably better than most solo mid carries due to her utility, though, despite the nerfs. With a global stun, a slow, and a reveal, she brings more to the table than any other carry save Twisted Fate, and pays much less of a price for it than he does.
To put this simply enough....NO. She has always brought what you mentioned to the table (with addition to the Hawk skill), the issue here is the nerf she received made her much less viable as a choice to play because she is easy feeding material now to the plethora of Champions who can close the distance on her and tear her to pieces. She no longer can stay out of harms way and plink away, which she absolutely NEEDS to be able to do or she's dead meat.

Her "global stun" hits, if the player is EXTREMELY talented and has a lot of luck on their side, maybe a couple times during an entire match from across the map so you get the full 3.5 second stun. Every other time you will see Ashe shoot across the length of the visual screen and pull off a 1-2 seconds stun.

Her "slow" has been nerfed so it slows even less than before and the range was reduced so much that even when you slow someone they can usually break away and either kill you or escape before you can finish them. Also, Volley got double nerfed by reducing it's range by a ton and reducing the number of arrows (yet again) that it fires.

Her "reveal" only shows players hidden in bushes and reveals lanes that are in the fog. It NEEDS to reveal stealthed players as well. Ashe's survivability was reduced considerably by reducing the range and effectiveness of Volley, allowing the hawk shot deal to reveal stealthers would give her that small amount of added survivability she needs and would actually make her useful in groups once again.

As she is right now I would pick at least 10 different Champions over her to play the same range DPS role.

Oey

07-17-2010

yea. her global stun arrow takes a LOT of experience to predict. Ashe is not by any means a noobie-friendly character the tutorial would point her out to be.

as of now, queuing with various players around lv 20, I can maybe get about 2 (3-4 if i am on a role, or the opponent is more predictable) REALLY REALLY nice shots from cross the map. however, I can still land arrows from about 1 screen away, so 2 window length pretty accurately.

Revealing stealth or non stealth hero isn't really a big problem with her hawkshot. Evelyn is horrible, twitch is not competitive at all, shaco is usually banned....