Things you'd like to see in Skyrim DLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mar The Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderLordofSky View Post
id live to see another weapon that gets charges on kills and changes effects depending on day or night like
Dawnfang/Duskfang in the Oblivion expansion of Shivering Isles
Definitely that. They need to bring back Umbra as well. It was in Morrowind and Oblivion, why not Skyrim?

Rahgar

01-12-2012

I'd like to see more spells in general, if they're not going to add spellmaking back in. There aren't enough Destruction spells, period.

Jelli Bein

01-12-2012

Yeah I agree with more spells as well. Alteration is especially lacking anything good. It used to at least have lockpicking, and in Morrowind it had the most fun spell via Levitate.

I'd like to see Levitate make a comeback. Or maybe the ability to have a dragon mount would be cool.

I'd also like to see more hidden quests, things you have to actually figure out instead of always just following the arrow like some omniscient god. "Oh can you get me this book?" "Of course, I know just which vendor to go to in a city I've never been to!"

Raging Hipster

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelli Bein View Post
I'd also like to see more hidden quests, things you have to actually figure out instead of always just following the arrow like some omniscient god. "Oh can you get me this book?" "Of course, I know just which vendor to go to in a city I've never been to!"
Back in the day when you NEEDED the internet to play Elder Scrolls.

Uccisore

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar The Dragon View Post
Most of the caves I've been in have completely different layouts, not just using the same one.
Every cave you've been in is one of four textures- puke-green, ice and snow, dwemer ruins, or abandoned fort.*** Yes, the layout is different, other than the whole 'convenient exit at the end of every dungeon' thing.

Quote:
The loop-ish shaped dungeons are actually helpful too, especially because in some of them you have to drop down somewhere that you can't get back up too;
This is an RPG. An ancient crypt that nobody has been in for a thousand years, littered with traps and ravenous undead isn't supposed to make you go "Oh, why isn't that HELPFUL!". Knowing for a fact that every place you go will have at least one handy elevator to the surface changes how you play.

Quote:
unlike in some of the previous Elder Scrolls games, it lets them have an even wider variety of dungeon design because they can do things that make back-tracking impossible.
They could always have an elevator to the surface in the dungeons where backtracking is impossible. That would be fine- necessary, even. But having it in every dungeon everywhere no matter what just smacks of "We wouldn't want you to have to put yourself out walking for 30 seconds after you open the big treasure chest that's at the end of every single dungeon in the game". It's like the next evolutionary step in Fast Travel (which also breaks immersion).

Quote:
Frost damage and poison damage are only ineffective against draugr
And robots and vampires and frost atronachs (the only kind anybody seems to summon) and- in the case of frost- NORDS. You may have noticed there are a few nords in Skyrim.

Quote:
and probably poison is useless on dwarven robots, but everything else is vulnerable, I believe.
Poison would be a lot more useful if they didn't give me a pair of gloves that doubled my backstab damage when I was a level 15 character. But yes, you're right- poison is somewhat more useful than frost, which is just 'the magic you should never use'.

***Oh, I forgot that other one, the "even though it's a cave, there's still trees and you can occaisionally see the sky" one. That's my favorite one.

Uccisore

01-12-2012

Quote:
YES they need to bring spellmaking back. It's understandable why it wasn't in the game at first because of the much wider variety of spell effects, but they should still make it as DLC now since they have time to work on it.
it's funny, when they took away spellmaking, I actually thought it was a good thing- my assumption was that having the spells be defined in the game would mean they could have super rare, cool spells available as dungeon loot instead of just weapons and armor.

Well, I'm level 40, and I every single time I've found a spellbook in a dungeon, it's been something I could have bought from a house wizard at the start of the game- lesser ward, fire bolt, whatever.

So yeah, if they aren't going to bother with rare spells as loot, may as well bring back spellmaking.

Rahgar

01-12-2012

Also, the biggest change I'd like to see in Skyrim are bug fixes. It's pretty retarded that I can't enter Markarth because the guards are bugged and still think I'm on the Forsworn quest.

Uccisore

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
Also, the biggest change I'd like to see in Skyrim are bug fixes. It's pretty retarded that I can't enter Markarth because the guards are bugged and still think I'm on the Forsworn quest.
I had to start the whole game over again at level 37 because the Embassy quest had a bug in it that wouldn't let me in.

Bethesda games always do **** like that.

Mar The Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
I had to start the whole game over again at level 37 because the Embassy quest had a bug in it that wouldn't let me in.

Bethesda games always do **** like that.
The amount of bugs are highly annoying, but 'tis the price to pay for having such an enormous and fun game. Fortunately Bethesda is one of the companies that actually go back to fix bugs. Also, if you have it on PC, you can go to the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages site, they do an "unofficial patch" that goes through and fixes many of the bugs and glitches that Bethesda doesn't (don't worry, it's safe to download).

Site is www.uesp.net

Uccisore

01-12-2012

Quote:
The amount of bugs are highly annoying, but 'tis the price to pay for having such an enormous and fun game.
No it isn't. Dark Souls is just as big and twice as fun. I refuse to accept that 'the price I pay' for being able to pick up wooden bowls and stack them in humorous ways, is that maybe a main storyline quest will explode and I'll have to play 40 hours of the game all over again. Especially since these games have been virtually unchanged since Morrowwind other than graphics.

Quote:
Fortunately Bethesda is one of the companies that actually go back to fix bugs. Also, if you have it on PC, you can go to the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages site, they do an "unofficial patch" that goes through and fixes many of the bugs and glitches that Bethesda doesn't (don't worry, it's safe to download).

Site is www.uesp.net
Playing it on a console. Specifically, playing it on a console out in the woods at my folks place between semesters. A huge download to fix what shouldn't have been broken isn't an option for me. I paid 70 dollars, you know. Thanks for being helpful, though.